What Tablet Are You Using, and Are You Happy?

Ok, then I get it. I am a gadget nerd too (thus the Phantom(s) :)) And coincidentally, just last night I dropped my Nexus 10 onto my basement floor and shattered the screen. Trying to decide what to replace it with....

Ouch! I really cried when my son smashed the screen on my Nexus 7 2013. Next experiment I need to find my SMD ST1080 (1080p native stereoscopic goggles) and hook them up to the HDMI out on the Google Project Tango tablet. The SMD (Silicon Micro Display) goggles are really thin, so it will be easy to look over the goggles and keep the P3P in line of sight to keep the FAA happy.

Ouch! I really cried when my son smashed the screen on my Nexus 7 2013. Next experiment I need to find my SMD ST1080 (1080p native stereoscopic goggles) and hook them up to the HDMI out on the Google Project Tango tablet. The SMD (Silicon Micro Display) goggles are really thin, so it will be easy to look over the goggles and keep the P3P in line of sight to keep the FAA happy.
Nice did you get in on the first batch of orders for the SMD? I missed the cutoff and now they're not accepting any more orders :(

In photography, we call it G.A.S. which stands for Gear Acquisition Syndrome. Yes, I am effected greatly by it, and need professional counseling. I don't have the money for that, though.............. I keep buying new gear!!

Reactions: Oso
I use an iPad Mini 2. Retina screen looks great, but I can't see a bleeping thing in the sun. Need to order a hood.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5. It works really well!
May I ask you how do you attach your 10.5 to controller?
Do you use adaptor mount, cos I am trying to find a work around here as the 10.5 doesnt fit into the supplied mo u nt by dji.
Thanks

May I ask you how do you attach your 10.5 to controller?
Do you use adaptor mount, cos I am trying to find a work around here as the 10.5 doesnt fit into the supplied mo u nt by dji.
Thanks

I would like to know this as well.

In photography, we call it G.A.S. which stands for Gear Acquisition Syndrome. Yes, I am effected greatly by it, and need professional counseling. I don't have the money for that, though.............. I keep buying new gear!!
Same with me. New lens? Yes. New camera body? I'll take two please! It's a sickness for sure!

Still loving my Nikon D800, so upgrading to a D810 isn't necessary. Saving my money for more awesome lenses and other photography gear... ;-)
Would love a closeup lense, get into some upclose microphotography.

Yes, it get's exorbitant... But we love it.

RedHotPoker

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 326
Reactions: Oso
I have an iPhone 6 and an Android Iconia Tab 8 I got at Costco for $150. Both work equally well with the P3 and have all the same features except the flight simulator (which I have never used). The Iconia has GPS and GLONASS and has worked flawlessly with my P3 including the annoying talking... LOL. Of course it isn't as elegant as my iPhone and the camera sucks, but I bought it for one purpose only. To run DJI pilot.
I was looking at this one at costco, how is the brightness and glare?, on a par with the iPad?

I use an iPad Mini 2. Retina screen looks great, but I can't see a bleeping thing in the sun. Need to order a hood.
I use a hood, and anti-glare screen on my iPad Mini 2, and it works pretty well, especially if you stand under a tree, which I do whenever I get the chance as our Summer temps are normally around 100º, and I have seen 114º

I am using a samsung tab 4 8" on android pilot app. I have had zero (0) problems with it so far. I am pleased with its size and all. the only problem I have is the app seems to only want to run on the internal memory of the tablet (16 gb ) where as I have a 32gb micro sd card installed in it and would love it to run off that instead.

Thanks for that
does the 6+ allow u to use the features in ios app like setting the new tx and bird home points if needed

Still loving my Nikon D800, so upgrading to a D810 isn't necessary. Saving my money for more awesome lenses and other photography gear... ;-)
Would love a closeup lense, get into some upclose microphotography.

Yes, it get's exorbitant... But we love it.

RedHotPoker
Nice photo. I do sports almost exclusively, so I use a D4. It's still amazing, but I'm starting to look around for a replacement.

Do not get the Samsung 8.4. I did and the lag after about 10 minutes of flight was so bad I had to turn the app off and reload it. I returned it to Amazon for the Nexus 7 (2013 model) and it's awesome! I had a problem with it going dead overnight but I figured out that the wifi was running in sleep mode and if you leave the DJI Pilot app running in the background after flight, it will kill the battery too. Otherwise, no problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers