What Software to Stitch Panos?

Reaction score
I have been stitching my panos with the P4P while it is in the air. What are some good programs to use to stitch the pix on the computer? I use Photoshop elements for stills and Photoshop Premier Elements for video. I have not attempted to stitch panos with those Adobe programs.

Last edited:
I have tried most of the stitching software out there, and none comes close to PTGui. It is precise and accurate, and can save the stitched pano as a 16-bit TIF for further adjustments. It is also the fastest stitching program.

Most definitely PTGui Pro version. It just plain works. If you do not want to use an external software, fly your drone with Hangar360 and it will do all the stitching. Works pretty good. Some minor alignment misses but easily fixable in post.

Reactions: Dutiful1
Why don't you use what you already have to see if it meets your needs? If you are getting more serious about your imaging and your processing, sign up for Photoshop/Lightroom. I use PS, and it does a fine job, maintaining the RAW state for output.

Why don't you use what you already have to see if it meets your needs? If you are getting more serious about your imaging and your processing, sign up for Photoshop/Lightroom. I use PS, and it does a fine job, maintaining the RAW state for output.

I used Lightroom when it first came out, before it was online. It is a great program, and probably worth the $10/mo. I have not tried using Photoshop Elements for stitching. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: Denver_Flight
Try PTGui. I think it is the best out there. Easy to use with good tutorial videos to help you get started.

Just a follow-up. Here are two pix from Shasta Lake earlier in the year. The first is one stitched by the P4P and the second is the demo version of PTGui pro. I will probably buy the program(PTgui pro). When I get a new program, I like to see what I can do without reading the manual. It tells me if the program makes sense to me. I will read the manual and/or watch the videos.

I also fooled around with the stitching mode in Photoshop Elements. I think I could make that program work, but PTgui pro looks like something with a wider latitude of features. I do like the still shot features of Photoshop Elements. I used the full version of Photoshop for many years, and the early versions of Lightroom. They are both great programs. I have been working on getting my stills correctly shot in the camera reducing the need for post editing thereby needing a less sophisticated photo program. Big goal - some success. Anyway here are the photos.

Edit - actually as I look at the photos, I am not sure they were taken from the same batch. Oh well still a comparison.

Attachments

• p4p stitch-01.jpg
    p4p stitch-01.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 388
  • ptgui stitch 01.jpg
    ptgui stitch 01.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:
Reactions: artfuldodger
Just a follow-up. Here are two pix from Shasta Lake earlier in the year. The first is one stitched by the P4P and the second is the demo version of PTGui pro. I will probably buy the program(PTgui pro). When I get a new program, I like to see what I can do without reading the manual. It tells me if the program makes sense to me. I will read the manual and/or watch the videos.

I also fooled around with the stitching mode in Photoshop Elements. I think I could make that program work, but PTgui pro looks like something with a wider latitude of features. I do like the still shot features of Photoshop Elements. I used the full version of Photoshop for many years, and the early versions of Lightroom. They are both great programs. I have been working on getting my stills correctly shot in the camera reducing the need for post editing thereby needing a less sophisticated photo program. Big goal - some success. Anyway here are the photos.

Edit - actually as I look at the photos, I am not sure they were taken from the same batch. Oh well still a comparison.
Does the ptgui demo version show those marks on all of your pics stiched together?

I routinely use PS Elements (Mac) for stitching, both RAW and jpeg and it very rarely lets me down. On a few occasions it's also stitched images accurately that Lightroom baulked at. PSE is my go-to.

Does the ptgui demo version show those marks on all of your pics stiched together?

The version I downloaded has the watermarks. It fine; I will probably buy the program. I not convinced I need the features of the pro version. I will have to take a closer look at the comparison chart.

I have decided to stay with PSE. After your suggestion, I have used Elements more extensively, and I think it will work for me. PTGui has more features, and I may acquire it in the future. PSE will make panos with raw files, albeit much slower than PTGui, but it does do the job. I did not download ICE, because the specs. do not indicate that it will work with raw files, which means each pix has to be converted to another format before running the pano feature.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic