What Software to Stitch Panos?

Just a follow-up. Here are two pix from Shasta Lake earlier in the year. The first is one stitched by the P4P and the second is the demo version of PTGui pro. I will probably buy the program(PTgui pro). When I get a new program, I like to see what I can do without reading the manual. It tells me if the program makes sense to me. I will read the manual and/or watch the videos.

I also fooled around with the stitching mode in Photoshop Elements. I think I could make that program work, but PTgui pro looks like something with a wider latitude of features. I do like the still shot features of Photoshop Elements. I used the full version of Photoshop for many years, and the early versions of Lightroom. They are both great programs. I have been working on getting my stills correctly shot in the camera reducing the need for post editing thereby needing a less sophisticated photo program. Big goal - some success. Anyway here are the photos.

Edit - actually as I look at the photos, I am not sure they were taken from the same batch. Oh well still a comparison.

Change the projection of the PTGUi panorama. Use the equirectangular projection

Reactions: Dutiful1
Just a follow-up. Here are two pix from Shasta Lake earlier in the year. The first is one stitched by the P4P and the second is the demo version of PTGui pro. I will probably buy the program(PTgui pro). When I get a new program, I like to see what I can do without reading the manual. It tells me if the program makes sense to me. I will read the manual and/or watch the videos.

I also fooled around with the stitching mode in Photoshop Elements. I think I could make that program work, but PTgui pro looks like something with a wider latitude of features. I do like the still shot features of Photoshop Elements. I used the full version of Photoshop for many years, and the early versions of Lightroom. They are both great programs. I have been working on getting my stills correctly shot in the camera reducing the need for post editing thereby needing a less sophisticated photo program. Big goal - some success. Anyway here are the photos.

Edit - actually as I look at the photos, I am not sure they were taken from the same batch. Oh well still a comparison.
The P4 one is definately lacking in comparison

I have decided to stay with PSE. After your suggestion, I have used Elements more extensively, and I think it will work for me. PTGui has more features, and I may acquire it in the future. PSE will make panos with raw files, albeit much slower than PTGui, but it does do the job. I did not download ICE, because the specs. do not indicate that it will work with raw files, which means each pix has to be converted to another format before running the pano feature.

Here is a cropped pano. using raw photos from the P4P and Photoshop Elements (PSE). It takes awhile for PSE to do the stitching and the end product before cropping is too large for PSE to save. I thinking PSE's limit is 2gigs. I guess I am too cheap to buy PTGui right now, but if I start doing more panos, I will probably pull the trigger.

I did try ICE, but I could not get it to process raw photos.

Attachments

• 2019 06 08 panorama 03 from raw.jpg
    2019 06 08 panorama 03 from raw.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 256
Another ICE vote here - its superb on 360 ones, plus its free another slight imperfections can easily be removed in Photoshop

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4