What means, "IMU Redudancy switch"?

JMR

Reaction score
Updated AC with Assistant, and Controller with DJi Go app, restarted both and did IMU and Compass calibration.
Also relinked Controller.
Now after start up Controller, App and Phantom i get warning, "IMU Redudancy switch" in red in DJi app on iPad.
Anyone who knows what this means, and what to do..?
Phantom 4 reacts normally on low level, will try out some more during daylight... so glad with extra Tripod mode!

Last edited:
Reactions: Suhail78
It may be advisable to do imu calibration again. It appears one of the imu has a problem.

Thank you, will do that!

i have also seen this message yesterday while flying my phantom 4. Flight went fine and no issues, but i got the IMU Redundancy switch message. when i review the flight logs, this warning is not being shown. I will try to do another IMU calibration.....

Also, after the latest update, instead of the "IMU warming up" message, it says "IMU Error: calibrate IMU". not sure if this is related to the "IMU Redundancy switch" message, or just a bug in the new firmware.

I'll try to recalibrate the IMU again, and check if this message is given again.

Have you tried the recalibration of the IMU JMR? has it helped with this warning?
Yes, in did the IMU calibration again and warning no longer shows up!

After latest firmware update and calibration I now get an Ambient light too low message does anyone else get this now? This was done indoors after sunset but it never happened before

After latest firmware update and calibration I now get an Ambient light too low message does anyone else get this now? This was done indoors after sunset but it never happened before
It may be referring to you having OA/VPS turned on and letting you know that you need to be cautious if attempting to fly.

IMU redundancy switch occurs when it switches to the 2nd IMU because of errors with the primary one.
You can observe this by holding your tablet close to the drone while looking at the IMU status screen. The electromagnetic interference from the tablet will trigger it. Move the tablet away and it will switch back to the primary.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers