What is your workaround if the Go App won't let you fly?

Reaction score
This question is more for those of us with the Remote Pilot in Command license. It hasn't been an issue yet for me but I am curious to see what other people are doing if you are a licensed pilot and you are flying in a location that the Go App won't allow you to take off. What do you do? Those of you that use Litchi, is that what you use instead of the Go App in those instances?

This question is more for those of us with the Remote Pilot in Command license. It hasn't been an issue yet for me but I am curious to see what other people are doing if you are a licensed pilot and you are flying in a location that the Go App won't allow you to take off. What do you do? Those of you that use Litchi, is that what you use instead of the Go App in those instances?

I would question myself as to why I want to fly in a 'no fly' zone:

Reactions: Numone
DJI GEO System - Unlock Areas For Authorized Access

Reactions: Chuck1906
You can turn the Geo system off in the menu options. I personally play it safe and would never fly in national airspace, at least until they get the pre-appoved grid system zones up, which they've already started doing.

FAA Facility Maps: ArcGIS Web Application

You can turn the Geo system off in the menu options. I personally play it safe and would never fly in national airspace, at least until they get the pre-appoved grid system zones up, which they've already started doing.

FAA Facility Maps: ArcGIS Web Application
Since all airspace in the US is part of the National Airspace, its pretty hard not to fly in it. I assume that you meant something like 'controlled airspace'. But even that isn't a problem for hobby flights. A lot of people have complained about how poorly dji handles things like TFRs, etc.

Hi, I have just recently acquired a p3 advanced and hope for some advice. Before I start I would prefer to have nothing to do with the dji conglomerate. All I want to do is to fly and occasionally take a video or photo. The manual says get dji go which I did but it keeps asking me to register. Where I live has limited GPS signals (like 3 signals this morning)so I do not rely on rtn or any of that high tech stuff. My question is can I use dji go without registering. If not is there another app I could use. As I have found just out you are able to use dji go without registering. Not sure yet if I get the full functions but time will tell.

Last edited:
Since all airspace in the US is part of the National Airspace, its pretty hard not to fly in it. I assume that you meant something like 'controlled airspace'. But even that isn't a problem for hobby flights. A lot of people have complained about how poorly dji handles things like TFRs, etc.

Yes, I did. Thank you for correcting me.

Hi, I have just recently acquired a p3 advanced and hope for some advice. Before I start I would prefer to have nothing to do with the dji conglomerate. All I want to do is to fly and occasionally take a video or photo. The manual says get dji go which I did but it keeps asking me to register. Where I live has limited GPS signals (like 3 signals this morning)so I do not rely on rtn or any of that high tech stuff. My question is can I use dji go without registering. If not is there another app I could use. As I have found just out you are able to use dji go without registering. Not sure yet if I get the full functions but time will tell.

Wow... You can only see 3 Sats - are you living underground?
Anyway, the Litchi app doesn't require registration.
So if you "want nothing to do with the DJI conglomerate" why did you buy one of their products?

No I don't live under ground,you need to get world wise. There are a lot places where GPS coverage is limited. As for dji, I am not a clone or a lemming as some people appear to be. As usual ask for help and get a smart reply. No further comment.

Reactions: hot dog and Alby
No I don't live under ground,you need to get world wise. There are a lot places where GPS coverage is limited.
Really?? Look up GPS and find out what the G stands for.
It might help if you took the Phantom outdoors.
As for dji, I am not a clone or a lemming as some people appear to be. As usual ask for help and get a smart reply. No further comment.
Sorry but you sound like a clone or lemming of the crowd that loves to hate DJI (quite irrationally).
No-one can fly a Phantom without registering an account with DJI through the Go app.
If you have a secondhand Phantom, it's already been registered but if it's new, you can't avoid that step.

So if you "want nothing to do with the DJI conglomerate" why did you buy one of their products?

Because they make some of the best UAVs for a very nice price point.

Personally, I live around DC, right on the border of the DC NFZ. The GEO system is badly broken around here, and areas right outside of the NFZ are "broken" to my P3P. It wont take off, or will autoland after a few seconds of flight. This is frustrating, as I already have to drive a few minutes to get out of the NFZ, and I found myself driving a few minutes more, and a few minutes more, etc. etc.

I ended up downgrading to 1.7 and doing the firmware flight param modification. Good bye NFZ hassles. I coughed up the money for Litchi and deleted GO from my phone. DJI will never tough this drone again.

You do have to register Litchi the first time you use it. It has to log on to the DJI servers.
From Litchis web site:Help - Litchi
First line under GENERAL.
"When starting the app for the first time after installation, you will need to be connected to Internet in order to register the app with DJI servers. Registration with DJI servers can be done without being connected to a DJI drone. The registration is done in the background, if the registration failed you will be notified with an error popup. Be aware that some Internet connections may have troubles connecting to DJI servers, in such a case make sure to try a different Internet connection (home wifi, mobile data connection, a friend's connection, public wifi, etc)."

No I don't live under ground,you need to get world wise. There are a lot places where GPS coverage is limited. As for dji, I am not a clone or a lemming as some people appear to be. As usual ask for help and get a smart reply. No further comment.
Ummmm, GPS by definition is GLOBAL. No matter where you are at any point on Earth (globe), you will have the same number of satellites as the rest of the world. So if you are only getting three satellites, you must be inside or not out in the open without something covering the Phantom, like a roof.

Ummmm, GPS by definition is GLOBAL. No matter where you are at any point on Earth (globe), you will have the same number of satellites as the rest of the world. So if you are only getting three satellites, you must be inside or not out in the open without something covering the Phantom, like a roof.
Exactly -
You do have to register Litchi the first time you use it. It has to log on to the DJI servers.
From Litchis web site:Help - Litchi
First line under GENERAL.
"When starting the app for the first time after installation, you will need to be connected to Internet in order to register the app with DJI servers. Registration with DJI servers can be done without being connected to a DJI drone. The registration is done in the background, if the registration failed you will be notified with an error popup. Be aware that some Internet connections may have troubles connecting to DJI servers, in such a case make sure to try a different Internet connection (home wifi, mobile data connection, a friend's connection, public wifi, etc)."

Cheers HWCM.... it was so long ago I clearly don't remember.

It really looks like a lot of you know lot about GPS NOT. Do some research before you give out wrong information. I have nothing further to say.

Reactions: hot dog
It really looks like a lot of you know lot about GPS NOT. Do some research before you give out wrong information. I have nothing further to say.
DD ... You are the one that needs to do some homework.
Unless you live well above the arctic circle, you have the same GPS coverage as everyone else.
The G stands for Global.. as in all over the world.

Meta, and you have been all over the world to test this theory have you. When you do then maybe you can make an informed comment. Why do you think that DJI themselves inform you that you require at least 6 GPS signals to use their drones.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic