What is your best NO Jello Solution?

MRSpyder2U said:
raggy -

Just one question: where do you live that has such a picturesque town and countryside?

The snowy video is Clare, Suffolk UK. Yes, it's where I live.
Don't like flying too close to the residential areas in case people think I'm snooping!
The second vid is from Pembrokeshire and Ceredigion SW Wales

Gareth

I didn't.
The nuts would have to be screwed on to exactly the same spot as they would be when the props are in place.
Doable I suppose.

raggy said:
I didn't.
The nuts would have to be screwed on to exactly the same spot as they would be when the props are in place.
Doable I suppose.

The reason I asked is because some prop cone nuts from my other multirotors are "off" which I started to notice when the motor spins and the pointed top of the nut swings about. This could be that the hole of the nut is not exactly centered or the motor shaft is NOT true. Either case will cause the motor to be out of balance too.
You can swap the nut to the other motor and if the point of that nut stay true, then you know that the other motor's shaft may bend. On the other hand if the nut still shows swinging top, then you should replace the nut.
I balance the motors with the nuts on to eliminate the chance that the cone nut is impercect or should I say balance the prop nut in the process. May be I am too picky. :shock:

raggy said:
I would need surgery to balance my nuts!

Not too long ago many thought balancing the motor was a joke until the jello showed up in the clip. :shock:
Next time I will balance the motors with and without the prop nuts and see if there's significant difference. :oops:

That's an interesting solution. I would hope those rings only weigh a couple grams a piece. Seems like it would have been better if the set screw holes were on top instead of the bottom.

This is what I did to balance my props and made it a little safer....

Attachments

• IMG_0993 web.jpg
    IMG_0993 web.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 404
auck said:
This is what I did to balance my props and made it a little safer....

That looks good, too! I just put a set of those on my Phantom... but still a bit afraid to fly it since it keeps trying to get away. I wish my dealer would get off his *** and do something, before I have to turn him in to DJI for non-support!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic