What is the P3 SE exactly ?

Reaction score
Sorry, been away from the drone scene for a while.

Just noticed the SE model.

How does it compare with say the P3S and other Phantoms generally ?

I see it has ground sensors ?

Is it a worthwhile replacement from my aging P3S or would I be better off looking at a Pro or P4 ?

It also has a 4K camera and a longer range. You can check out the specs here or see how it stacks up against DJI's other drones here.

Having owned an SE as my first DJI drone and what with selling it on and buying a P3Pro, It's safe to say it entirely depends on what you want it for?

I sold my SE on mainly because when filming in 4K, the live video feed from the drone dropped from 720p to 480p, far too low to be legible on my tablet and a real dissapointment.
Dropping the video resolution to 2.7k gives you a 720p live feed again, but if you wanted 2.7k, could have got a standard.

Similarly, the range was great, the reliability not so. Because the P3SE uses 2.4 and 5.8ghz, I was finding that the remote control transmission was infalible, RC transmission was the last thing to go on any flight. The video transmission was awful, you only needed a small obstable, bush, tree, daisy, anything, to get in the way of the RC transmission and you'd loose video feed. Simply wasn't reliable in that respect.

I was lucky, I managed to pick up a nearly new P3Pro for £440 in the UK, only flown 4 times and only £30 MORE than I paid for the P3SE.

The P3P in terms of signal reliability wins hands down and in terms of video transmission quality also.

It's only CON against the P3SE is how long it takes to recover signal once it's lost. The P3P takes a while whilst the P3SE was fairly quick. I think that's down to the P3SE using 2 different frequencies.

I'd say, no, don't upgrade to the P3SE, keep your eyes peeled, save a bit more money and get a good condition P3Pro

The SE also has the ability to switch wifi to 5 ghz which is undocumented.

The P3SE doesn't so much as switch frequency, in that it operates on both. Video feed is on 5Ghz, RC control is on 2.4Ghz.

In the frequency settings, It's possible to switch the frequency in which the RC communicates with the Tablet/Phone device, whether you wish to use 2.4 or 5.8ghz and which channel, I believe.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik