What is the maximum altitude for P4?

Reaction score
Website
fishcrow.com
I always thought it was 120 meters, but someone here mentioned that the limit is actually much higher. If that is true, I wish that I had known it before my recent trip to Peru. I climbed about 1200 feet up a mountain so that I could get the drone over for a view of the other side. It would have been much easier to avoid the climb, but, oh well, it was good exercise! If it is possible to exceed 120 meters, would someone please explain how it's done.

I always thought it was 120 meters, but someone here mentioned that the limit is actually much higher. If that is true, I wish that I had known it before my recent trip to Peru. I climbed about 1200 feet up a mountain so that I could get the drone over for a view of the other side. It would have been much easier to avoid the climb, but, oh well, it was good exercise! If it is possible to exceed 120 meters, would someone please explain how it's done.
Dreaded walk ,120mtrs =393ft,,,where you have 120m set can change but you be prompted to accept full responsibility for flight,,,I think p4 limited on software to 1640ft or close to that

If you open up the app, top right hand corner, hit the three dots. From the drop down menu select the top icon. You can set whatever distance up to 500 metres (make sure everything is powered up when you do this to save this option). The 120m is generally the max height to fly under most local authority jurisdictions and is measured from the drone take off point.

Here screenshot,,me put 500mtrs here in red circle and you get this prompt...1640 is max for software on board drone
Screenshot_20190626-120515.jpg

If you open up the app, top right hand corner, hit the three dots. From the drop down menu select the top icon. You can set whatever distance up to 500 metres (make sure everything is powered up when you do this to save this option). The 120m is generally the max height to fly under most local authority jurisdictions and is measured from the drone take off point.
In DJI GO 4 with all powered up set max altitude to 500 meters. You then can fly up-to 1640 feet above takeoff point. Keep under 400 feet above ground level per local regulations.

I took my Prof 3 up to 500 m and that was it.

I tried to modify the maximum altitude in Litchi, but N/A appears in that slot. Perhaps I am looking at the wrong location? Thanks to everyone for the inputs. I might return to Peru later this year. If so, I will hopefully get this figured out by then. I am ordinarily happy to use a maximum altitude of 120 meters. In that remote area, which is far from any airport, however, I would like to go higher to allow the drone easy access to habitat that is on the other sides of mountains.

Keep in mind to allow enough battery life for the decent.

Reactions: P3P
It's no problem to get pics from the other side of a mountain using Litchi. My only concern was getting it high enough to get over the mountain.
Had a pretty good idea that's what you were using. Hard to take stills without a screen but video and programmed shots should be cool. No mountains in Florida but going to Tenn. I might try the other side of the mountain.

I tried to modify the maximum altitude in Litchi, but N/A appears in that slot. Perhaps I am looking at the wrong location?
Your Phantom has a user configurable altitude limet that comes set at 400 ft by default.
It has a hardwired altitude limit of 500 metres.
The user configurable limit is stored in the drone itself so you have to have the aircraft connected to be able to change it.

Your Phantom has a user configurable altitude limet that comes set at 400 ft by default.
It has a hardwired altitude limit of 500 metres.
The user configurable limit is stored in the drone itself so you have to have the aircraft connected to be able to change it.
Thanks for clearing that up. I will have to wait a while before trying it. I crashed my drone over the weekend and had to send it in for repairs. Silly mistake. The wind pushed it close to a tree. It clipped a branch, and that was that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers