What is the general consensus on registration?

Reaction score
I understand the chance of penalties etc but I am guessing there will be lawsuits challenging this. For those who have not, why? I have not registered and am wondering if I should just go ahead and do it. I do not care that my name and address will be in some public database, I am sure that is info anyone can find regardless. If that is not the only concern, what are the other reasons I shouldnt?

For $5 you are better safe than sorry. You should always abide to the current FAA regulations (however changing they may be).

I'm against the government keeping any type of database on its citizens.

However I am more against having to pay a $250,000 fine for having not registered my drone, so I registered. Posting on a public forum that you're willfully breaking the law may be a questionable practice, but to each their own, I guess. I know people on other forums that swear just the mention of a home made silencer, or modifying a semi auto brings the ATF to your door.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Do you prefer to follow US laws? If so, you should definitely register. It's far cheaper than hiring a lawyer too ;)

I do not care that my name and address will be in some public database, I am sure that is info anyone can find regardless. If that is not the only concern, what are the other reasons I shouldnt?
Despite all the fuss about privacy issues that were made earlier, this is a non-issue.
The FAA is not posting the names and street addresses of registered owners because the data is exempt from disclosure under a FOIA exemption that protects information in agency files from a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy.
Drone Registration Database Released by FAA - Robotics Trends

I went ahead and registered
I think that's a good idea.;)
I registered when they refunded the $5.00 fee, and put my number on all my RC aircraft. High vis brother labels on the landing gear for the Phantoms.

I laminated the card and carry it with me in the field.
image.jpeg

Nobody has asked to see it, but better safe than sorry!:cool:

Reactions: Reed L

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl