What is the cheapest IOS device with which Litchi runs well?

Reaction score
Currently I use android, but want to try Litchi on IOS to get FPV screen for my P3SE

Can you help me please to find the cheapest way to do it?
I do not want to use this device for any other porpuse, a need just:

1) get a lag-free stable FPV screen
2) possiblity to record device screen
3) push or cancel RTH mode

In this forum I readed that iPad Air 2 is enough for my needs
But what about the older phone models? Which is the lowest configuration which can run Litchi stable?

Any information about your experince with IOS devices is welcome!

Last edited:
Kind of wanting to know the same thing... I am looking at an iPad Mini.... not sure which model is needed to work correctly.....

I really like Litchi..

Currently I use android, but want to try Litchi on IOS to get FPV screen for my P3SE

Can you help me please to find the cheapest way to do it?
I do not want to use this device for any other porpuse, a need just:

1) get a lag-free stable FPV screen
2) possiblity to record device screen
3) push or cancel RTH mode

In this forum I readed that iPad Air 2 is enough for my needs
But what about the older phone models? Which is the lowest configuration which can run Litchi stable?

Any information about your experince with IOS devices is welcome!
Compatible devices are in this link courtesy of @msinger.
Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) - Phantom Help
Currently Litchi is trying to fix an issue with older iPhones (5, 5c, iPad 2,3,4 and iPad mini 1) so maybe steer away from them at the moment. Buying a wifi only device will save you some money although you will lose a couple of features like updating your homepoint or using follow me mode.

Even if you have to save for a while, do yourself a favor and get an iPad Pro. Get a 9.7 32g. They don't produce them new any more, they can be found in the $400 range. I know that's not really on the cheap but going too cheap will be a waste of money if it will not perform well for you. You can also get a refurbished one from Apple.

I just searched.. Saw a couple ipad Pros, 32g on Amazon for $449. and $455. I searched Apple store and they have refurbished iPad Pro 32g for $449. Well worth it.

I have an iPad Pro 9.7 128 GB which works great but Best Buy had a killer deal on iPad Mini 128 GB models a couple weeks ago for only $279 (reg $399) so I snagged one of these just to dedicate to using with my P3 4K. Keep it in my case with the rest of my gear. I haven’t tried it out yet but I’m pretty sure it will be plenty powerful enough for Go, GS Pro and Litchi plus it will be nice to not have to use my ‘main’ iPad for controller duty too. The mini actually seems like the perfect form and size for the controller. I also upgraded to mount to the Bigfoot mounting bracket and it was the nest $40 I could have spent. Extremely solid the way it locks in!

I returned my TabA and got an IPad Mini 4 yesterday... then my P3SE arrived!!!! 2 days early!!! Timing is of the essence!!!

Reactions: charlieb4
I returned my TabA and got an IPad Mini 4 yesterday... then my P3SE arrived!!!! 2 days early!!! Timing is of the essence!!!
Glad to hear, just don't crash it....lol. Read the owner manual first, very important. Enjoy!

Read the manual 3-4 times... numerous tutorials etc...

Lovin it!!
I did too, when I got mine, but the novelty will wear off!....lol.....at some point. U will be surprise what u find on YouTube. The best one, is someone showing how to get the most out of ur dji go apps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl