What is a good and compatible gopro to hook up?

Reaction score
I just got the lightbridge and I was wondering what a cheap and compatible gopro you use. I am considering the gorpo hero 3 white. Thanks!

any GoPro will work... the only difference between GoPro models is what resolutions and framerates they support/record in. For example the Hero3 white only does 1080p at 30fps, and 720p at 60fps.

The Hero3+ Black does 1080p @60fps and higher resolutions up to 4k @ 12fps. the Hero4 Black does 1080p at 120fps and 4k at 30fps

generally the higher resolution you go, the lower the framerate you get. Unless you're really trying to cut corners with cost, the Hero3+ Black is at a good price point now that the Hero4 is out

I have a gopro but it doesn't have a hdmi port. It is the original gopro. With the lightbridge, is there a significant difference in display when using the gopro white 1080 hd 30 fps and gopro hero 3 plus 60 fps 1080 hd? Thanks!

djiseller said:
I have a gopro but it doesn't have a hdmi port. It is the original gopro. With the lightbridge, is there a significant difference in display when using the gopro white 1080 hd 30 fps and gopro hero 3 plus 60 fps 1080 hd? Thanks!

I'm afraid I don't know much about the Lightbridge specifically so I don't know how 30fps vs 60fps vs 120fps coming from the gopro would affect the live feed.

The only reason (that I can tell) to go with Lightbridge ($2000) vs normal FPV ($450) is if you for some reason you truly need HD FPV on the ground... like in some sort of professional application. Most of us just use SD FPV to see through the gopro and get our shots lined up perfectly, but use the HD footage captured locally on the GoPro.

you're definitely in the right forum, hopefully someone with better working knowledge of Lightbridge will chime in :)

What model gopro? it has to have a HDMI output to provide the HD signal to the LB TX. My gopro hero 3+ has the micro HDMI socket and I can run directly with a micro HDMI to HDMI cable to my 10" HD monitor after flights to review results in HD in the field to determine best settings for camera at that location. The LB is just a pipe dream for me, but for the detail I see in HD playback compared to what I see on my FPV while flying on same monitor is fantastic.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl