What FAA registration number did you get?

no diff as i see it. which begs a question i have had for years. why do people want to put their names or part of them on their auto lic plates? duh!

Yes, publicizing your registration numbers is a very bad idea. Those who like flying around airports will just use your number on their drone. Try to explain that to the authorities while being put into a car.
I totally agree with not putting your FA # out to the public. I would believe that most of us are honest, up standing drone owners who are trying to do the right thing, but there is that 1% that will take advantage. Even placing that number on your drone should be in a less conspicuous place not to tempt somebody.

I got FA3AERAPXL so in the unlikely event that my UAV should come out of the sky and strike an internationally renowned downhill slalom skier at Camden Snowdome in Maine, I'm in deep s**t! T.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
I totally agree with not putting your FA # out to the public. I would believe that most of us are honest, up standing drone owners who are trying to do the right thing, but there is that 1% that will take advantage. Even placing that number on your drone should be in a less conspicuous place not to tempt somebody.

I don't think it will make any difference. The FAA will make the list available to the general public.
FAA Finally Admits Names And Home Addresses In Drone Registry Will Be Publicly Available

Kind of like a 'throw down drone'....

"That's not my drone, this is my drone sitting right here in the closet. Someone must have stolen my registration ID and tagged their drone with it. I hope you catch them....."

I keep a cheap Xtreem drone in the closet for just such an emergency.

Guess, I will have to keep my Cheerson CX-20 "wallowing pig" as my "throw down" drone...lol

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Which? I have 9 drones that are over 0.55 lbs and require registration, and about 18 fixed wing RC aircraft.
I am registered as of this morning, but there is nothing/nowhere in the registration process where I was asked for the number of aircraft I own, or any identifying characteristics of them.

Yeah, I have the same problem as well, I have an attic full of retired RC models that most will never be flown ever again, that I will not bother with, but I also have some that may be flown again, just not in the foreseeable future. I made a bunch of extra registration labels to keep in my flight kit so if I do then I will just slap one on at that point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers