What FAA registration number did you get?

I wonder why you could have a Korean War era fighter jet as your personal aircraft and have an identifier beginning with N which is only 5 or 6 digits/letters long...but we have these huge identification numbers?

As of 2013, there are only about 200,000 aircraft registered in the United States. Some analysts estimate that about a half a million P1 and P2s have been sold. Consider that, the other manufacturers, and future growth of the industry, they needed a more robust numbering system.

I tried twice to register. They tell me my zip code is invalid...lol I should be getting a sh*tload of mail back. Been using that there invalid zipcode for years..LOL

I left them a message, will see what they say.

That's easy enough to solve... say it's someone elses number on "your" drone? fine.. then produce your drone for inspection.. (';')( ';') um... uh.....
You also don't have to own a drone yet to register yourself as a drone pilot.

Last edited:
Kind of like a 'throw down drone'....

"That's not my drone, this is my drone sitting right here in the closet. Someone must have stolen my registration ID and tagged their drone with it. I hope you catch them....."

I keep a cheap Xtreem drone in the closet for just such an emergency.
Hey, that was my posted idea, back when they first announced this entire fiasco! Great minds think alike!:p

Which? I have 9 drones that are over 0.55 lbs and require registration, and about 18 fixed wing RC aircraft.
I am registered as of this morning, but there is nothing/nowhere in the registration process where I was asked for the number of aircraft I own, or any identifying characteristics of them.
Drone Hoarders Anonymous meets every Tuesday at St. Lutheran's Church on 5th St at noon. Don't be late! ;) The Fixed Wing RC Aircraft Anonymous meets there on Thursdays at noon. Great coffee and donuts! :cool:

Reactions: Damocleez
FAAKISSMYA**
I don't want reveal all the digits.
Someone would then probably want to steal it and put it inside their aircraft! :eek:
I paid $5 extra for the vanity plate option. :D

Last edited:
I can't get past the "Proceed To Checkout" screen. Any ideas? Nothing happens when I click on it.

Kind of like a 'throw down drone'....

"That's not my drone, this is my drone sitting right here in the closet. Someone must have stolen my registration ID and tagged their drone with it. I hope you catch them....."

I keep a cheap Xtreem drone in the closet for just such an emergency.

Or maybe I should just post my registration online in an easy to down load format "for ease of access with my smart phone ya know" If everyone did it this registration system would be useless right quick! Everyone just flying around using other's paperwork (as premitted under the loan-a-craft to another person section)

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Or maybe I should just post my registration online in an easy to down load format "for ease of access with my smart phone ya know" If everyone did it this registration system would be useless right quick! Everyone just flying around using other's paperwork (as premitted under the loan-a-craft to another person section)
"Loan-a-Craft"--Isn't that an absurdity? Can't believe they put that in the FAQ, even though there is absolutely nothing in the 211 page original document that would support that bizarre interpretation! :rolleyes:

jaa7pj5.jpg

Reactions: Damocleez

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj