What drone should I buy if I want....

Why do you need a specialized app for video when Facetime or whatever the Google messaging platform is called should be sufficient.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi all,

I'm looking for a drone that can:

• Automatically track a specific subject
  • Automatically wait in a location until the subject arrives

I'm looking for a drone that can leave my apartment in Boston, MA and go down to the bus stop wait until my girlfriend arrives and then monitor her from above as she walks safely home. I'd also need a drone strong enough to attach a bright spotlight on the bottom to frighten someone away (a siren would be a bonus).

Is there anything out there that suits these requirements?

Lance
Yes, the NG MQ-8 drone is perfect. Just over 5 hours on station and slightly over 14 million sans the rocket pods. Even runs on biofuel to save money.
I know the folks that build them and vouch for their work. Lol

Hello Mr. Dwight, what you are asking is not totally possible yet in a personal drone, even though we have the technology. The more expensive ones in the sky high above, like the military drones can do this. That's because they can afford the expense of keeping one in the sky, and all of the expensive day and night cameras, etc.
Not to mention all the rules you would be breaking in flying a drone in the city.
And people would freak out, seeing a drone follow a person, waiting on that person and then follow that person home.
With all of the fantastic drones out there, flight time is the top of the list. You would need enough energy to last a good hour or so, and that's not available yet, in a personal drone.
It's a coming, but not quite yet.
Robert.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi all,

I'm looking for a drone that can:

• Automatically track a specific subject
  • Automatically wait in a location until the subject arrives

I'm looking for a drone that can leave my apartment in Boston, MA and go down to the bus stop wait until my girlfriend arrives and then monitor her from above as she walks safely home. I'd also need a drone strong enough to attach a bright spotlight on the bottom to frighten someone away (a siren would be a bonus).

Is there anything out there that suits these requirements?

Lance

Hey forget that 9mm. This is on Craigslist...

ENTIRE DRONE COMBO-4-.jpg

Last edited:
You light up my life... Hahaha
Another bright idea from a drone pilot. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl