Best Place to Buy a Phantom 4? What should I buy?

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm looking at buying a P4, but I'm unsure exactly where to buy one. Sometimes buying directly from the manufacturer isn't always the cheapest route.

1. Should I buy from DJI or another site?
  2. Should I buy extra batteries while buying the drone, or aftermarket ones?
  3. Are there "Fast Chargers" for batteries that charge batteries faster than the stock charger?
  4. Was there a "Black Friday Sale" last year at DJI, and if so, was the discount deep enough that I should wait until Black Friday for a possible deal? (I'm in no hurry)
  5. Is DJI coming out with an upgraded model I should wait for?
Thanks all!

Should I buy from DJI or another site?
If you're in the US, you should only buy directly from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer. If you buy elsewhere, DJI will not honor their warranty if you run into an issue that is normally covered under warranty.

Amazon is a great place to buy a Phantom since they have a 30-day return policy, many purchases are tax-free, and they ship quickly (in as little as one business day). You can find a list of authorized DJI dealers selling Phantoms on Amazon here:

Buy A DJI Phantom (Deals Updated Daily)

Should I buy extra batteries while buying the drone, or aftermarket ones?
You can fly for about 20 minutes on one battery. Figure out how long you plan to fly each time you go out and make sure you have enough batteries to cover that time frame.

It's best to only buy OEM DJI batteries. If you use aftermarket batteries, that'll most likely void your warranty if you crash and/or run into some other hardware failure.

Was there a "Black Friday Sale" last year at DJI, and if so, was the discount deep enough that I should wait until Black Friday for a possible deal?
DJI usually runs sales around Christmas time. I'm assuming this year will be no different.

They are currently selling the Phantom 4 for $200 off. I don't know if we'll see a deal better than that later in the year. They sometimes just switch it up by offering a free backpack, free battery, etc. instead of taking cash off the deal.

Is DJI coming out with an upgraded model I should wait for?
New Phantoms are usually released around March each year. So, I'm betting we'll see a Phantom 5 around March 2017.

Last edited:
I just bought mine from DJI. They had a package deal with the drone, 2 additional batteries, and the charging hub, for something like $1,366. I picked up another battery and the car charging kit for $1,630 I think? Felt like a good deal anyway. LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl