What does this mean by registered?

Reaction score
This is a screenshot from airmap. I was creating a practice flight plan and this is in the rules section. Does it mean I just have to have it registered with dji or do I need to actually register it with the FAA?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181114-071722_AirMap.jpg
    Screenshot_20181114-071722_AirMap.jpg
    961 KB · Views: 299
Before flying a DJI drone outside in the US, you must register with the FAA. If flying as a hobbyist, register under Section 336 here.

Before flying a DJI drone outside in the US, you must register with the FAA. If flying as a hobbyist, register under Section 336 here.

Thank you. I am now registered. Although, when I first joined the site and posted asking what I need to do to make this drone "mine" and very ready to fly, nobody mentioned that I had to register it.

Reactions: Douglas Scott Sr
when I first joined the site and posted asking what I need to do to make this drone "mine" and very ready to fly, nobody mentioned that I had to register it
People are catching on slowly. For new drones, DJI now includes documentation in the box so people know to register with the FAA.

...when I first joined the site and posted asking what I need to do to make this drone "mine" and very ready to fly, nobody mentioned that I had to register it.
I suggest that you read that thread again. It's here:- Bought a used drone

The first person to reply to your question on that thread (Ansia in post #2) advised you that you should do exactly that. :)

Yes, I see that now. I must have skimmed over it and forgot with reading the other posts. Also, I saw this when I googled it. View attachment 105377
In case you haven't already seen in your research, that was overturned so that registration is again required.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31