What does this mean by registered?

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Before flying a DJI drone outside in the US, you must register with the FAA. If flying as a hobbyist, register under Section 336 here.

Reaction score
Before flying a DJI drone outside in the US, you must register with the FAA. If flying as a hobbyist, register under Section 336 here.
Thank you. I am now registered. Although, when I first joined the site and posted asking what I need to do to make this drone "mine" and very ready to fly, nobody mentioned that I had to register it.

Reactions: Douglas Scott Sr

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
when I first joined the site and posted asking what I need to do to make this drone "mine" and very ready to fly, nobody mentioned that I had to register it
People are catching on slowly. For new drones, DJI now includes documentation in the box so people know to register with the FAA.

Reaction score
...when I first joined the site and posted asking what I need to do to make this drone "mine" and very ready to fly, nobody mentioned that I had to register it.
I suggest that you read that thread again. It's here:- Bought a used drone

The first person to reply to your question on that thread (Ansia in post #2) advised you that you should do exactly that. :)

Reactions: ianzone and Oso

Oso

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Yes, I see that now. I must have skimmed over it and forgot with reading the other posts. Also, I saw this when I googled it. View attachment 105377
In case you haven't already seen in your research, that was overturned so that registration is again required.

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UFOcommander