What do you use as a landing/take off pad?

A heavy duty picnic mat from Costco. About 6' by 6' heavy rubberized material and folds up into about 1' by 1' with carry handle. Also good for eating lunch on flying outings

Reactions: trevornewkirk
3/16" plywood or masonite cut to fit in hardshell backpack between lit and inner foam. Light and convenient. Even serves as a screed for levelling the sand on the beach before I put it in position. Anything significantly larger than the landing gear is a waste or space, you can always hand catch if needed.

Just wondering if any of you have come up with a simple/clever takeoff/landing pad? I need one that folds up and I can stick in my rucksack. Seen the ones on flebay but I know people come up with simple but effective solutions to things like this/
I use a heavy thick rubber landing pad made by Bestem Aerial when operating my P4 or Iinspire from fresh fallen loose powder snow.
1496591733572.jpg

Last edited:
No-one takes off from their P4P case? I take off from on top of the case and normally hand catch.

I take off and land on the ground, many type of surfaces, as long as there is no tall grass. Worked well so far

I'll follow up on what CanadaGoose said ... photographers will get this. A simple 3-ft wide / reversible disc reflector that folds into a 1-foot circle, easy and light for backpack. Comes with silver/gold or white nylon surface, most any decent photo shop or online discounts, maybe $25+. I haven't needed to use mine, but suspect it won't work well in high grass or large rocks. But good for sand, leaves, dew on lawn, etc to reduce flying particles. I'd tape an X on the nylon for target contrast.

Reactions: Canada Goose
I use leg extenders which allows me to take off and land from most surfaces. I do have to be careful of turning to fast while filming (which is better footage anyway) as a fast turn can show a piece of them in the corner. I do like the other poster's idea of using car mats though. Those are usually somewhere near at all times.

Why don't you get a FedEX box or a USPS priority mail cardboard box? They come flat.
I use what CanadaGoose posted. $18 from amazon. Comes with case, reflector tapes, 3 plastic pegs. And you can send me the reflector tape if you don't want it. I used it on my electric Unicycle. See the bright orange tape in the picture attached.

Attachments

• IMG_8549.JPG
    IMG_8549.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 338

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member