what do you guys use to stitch panoramas?

Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing ptgui to step up my panoramas, but before I make the purchase, what are your guys' recommended panorama stitchers?

Hugin,Microsoft ICE and Photodirector 8 were the other programs I've messed with, but none of those programs match the precise stitching of ptgui. I'm still considering other options before I invest with ptgui.

Photoshop has an awesome photo stitcher for panos. I use it all the time for panos and grids for architecture and landscapes. $5/mo. for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom. Lightroom is where I do all of my photo editing, then roundtrip to Photoshop for panos, masking and other techniques. There's another software called AutoPano Pro.

Reactions: tml4191
Are you discussing flat panos or 360° spherical panos? For 360°I have and use both PtGui and Autopano pro, they are a bit expensive. Sometimes one of them does a better job than the other and I do not know why, but I will use the one that leaves me with less to do. You can try the demo of Autopano to see how you like it first.

Are you discussing flat panos or 360° spherical panos? For 360°I have and use both PtGui and Autopano pro, they are a bit expensive. Sometimes one of them does a better job than the other and I do not know why, but I will use the one that leaves me with less to do. You can try the demo of Autopano to see how you like it first.

I just agree, I have Autopano giga and Ptgui Pro and I use the advanced features in both of them and worth all the money I spent on them.

Photoshop has an awesome photo stitcher for panos. I use it all the time for panos and grids for architecture and landscapes. $5/mo. for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom. Lightroom is where I do all of my photo editing, then roundtrip to Photoshop for panos, masking and other techniques. There's another software called AutoPano Pro.
I should add that PS is not the most fully featured by comparison.

Thank you all^ It looks like autopano pro is something worth looking into before investing in ptgui.

Reactions: SanCap
I also use PanoTour Pro to create my 360° panos and add personal touches for my clients. I host my panos on my amazon S3 server to avoid the commercial 360 pano online apps. Here is an example, look at the lower left and click on "Other Views" it automatically creates little planets and other views.

| Created By SanCap Aerial

I also use PanoTour Pro to create my 360° panos and add personal touches for my clients. I host my panos on my amazon S3 server to avoid the commercial 360 pano online apps. Here is an example, look at the lower left and click on "Other Views" it automatically creates little planets and other views.

| Created By SanCap Aerial
That is truly amazing. Can your picture also be done with ptgui and kolor autopano pro 4?

The stitching can be done in autopano or ptgui but adding all the hotlines needs to be done in Pano Tour.
Thanks. I went with autopano since they offered me a better price, and I liked the autoexposure feature it had to balance out the picture.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic