What do you guys charge for aerial media?

"
I'd like to hear more about Jess's pilot license type. I've never heard of taking an exam only, that's interesting. The FAA says you need flight training and a minimum of a "Sport" pilot license. Please let me know what the pilot certificate is called. I'll want to look into that as my next step."

Hmm no 3rd class medical required??

hzl

speaklll
Sorry to hear it took you a year to get your 333 exemption. That's pretty slow, you must have had some issues with your application.

I'd like to hear more about Jess's pilot license type. I've never heard of taking an exam only, that's interesting. The FAA says you need flight training and a minimum of a "Sport" pilot license. Please let me know what the pilot certificate is called. I'll want to look into that as my next step.

I have my 333, I submitted my application in Oct and got it back from the FAA last week, it took 6 months. I got it for $150 through AcesDeals.biz where I bought my first drone. That's the best deal anywhere, no lawyer is needed.
I didn't say it took a year, I said get a lawyer if you don't want it to because they are now backed up. It's the ground class he took and after speaking to NaimNatNod (sorry if I butchered that), I will be taking it myself. It teaches you how to read the flight maps and approaches and how to contact and speak to the airport towers and the like. It's called the ground class or something. You don't need to be a full fledged pilot to fly a UAS.

speaklll

I didn't say it took a year, I said get a lawyer if you don't want it to because they are now backed up. It's the ground class he took and after speaking to NaimNatNod (sorry if I butchered that), I will be taking it myself. It teaches you how to read the flight maps and approaches and how to contact and speak to the airport towers and the like. It's called the ground class or something. You don't need to be a full fledged pilot to fly a UAS.
OK, great. If you could just disclose the title of the certificate Jess has next time you see him, that would be helpful. I need the exact title or name of the cert to confirm validity with the FAA. When I read all of the requirements I got with my 333 exemption, all the options stated require flight school, not just an exam. So if there's something I've missed, I'd like to know. That would be helpful. And if you could also disclose where Jess went to acquire the classes to prepare for the exam, that's of interest too. I'm in So. Cal also, hopefully Jess took the class locally, or online.

Last edited:
OK, great. If you could just disclose the title of the certificate Jess has next time you see him, that would be helpful. I need the exact title or name of the cert to confirm validity with the FAA. When I read all of the requirements I got with my 333 exemption, all the options stated require flight school, not just an exam. So if there's something I've missed, I'd like to know. That would be helpful. And if you could also disclose where Jess went to acquire the classes to prepare for the exam, that's of interest too. I'm in So. Cal also, hopefully Jess took the class locally, or online.
You don't need a full pilots license or a sports license to fly a UAS and only one of the people, as long as you have a spotter technically needs the license. In general, if you have a company with one person with the proper license, you are generally safe as a company but after speaking to Dacon Productions and him explaining how to read the maps, contact the towers and read approaches and stuff, I'm realizing how blind I'm flying so I'm gonna take the test anyway.

Pretty sure it's the Airman's Certificate and I think it's all written.

Here is the example test. No offense, and I don't mind helping at all but this stuff is plastered all over the Net.

There are four or five versions of the test but I think it would fall under "pilot" or possibly "other". Like I said though, we had a lawyer we paid to get it done quicker and, let's just say easier.

I would recommend not getting your information about this if you're serious about it from here and if you do, speak to @Dacon Productions because he's a full fledge single engine pilot, is super nice and the most knowledgable person I've spoken with on PP that I've spoken to. I had to hang up with him to feed my daughter but he's friggen awesome. He quickly became my favorite person here today.

Airman Knowledge Test Questions

Last edited:
You don't need a full pilots license or a sports license to fly a UAS and only one of the people, as long as you have a spotter technically needs the license. In general, if you have a company with one person with the proper license, you are generally safe as a company but after speaking to Dacon Productions and him explaining how to read the maps, contact the towers and read approaches and stuff, I'm realizing how blind I'm flying so I'm gonna take the test anyway.

Pretty sure it's the Airman's Certificate and I think it's all written.

Here is the example test. No offense, and I don't mind helping at all but this stuff is plastered all over the Net.

There are four or five versions of the test but I think it would fall under "pilot" or possibly "other". Like I said though, we had a lawyer we paid to get it done quicker and, let's just say easier.

I would recommend not getting your information about this if you're serious about it from here and if you do, speak to @Dacon Productions because he's a full fledge single engine pilot, is super nice and the most knowledgable person I've spoken with on PP that I've spoken to. I had to hang up with him to feed my daughter but he's friggen awesome. He quickly became my favorite person here today.

Airman Knowledge Test Questions
This recent 333 exemption states that the an Airman's certificate is ALSO needed (or a driver license), in addition to the pilot license. This is why I'm so curious about your credentials and who stated you don't need a pilot license that includes flight experience with at least 20hrs flight time (that's for a Sport license). Is Dacon Productions the one that told you it was acceptable for the "exam only" certification?

Read #13 in any 333 exemption
13. Under this grant of exemption, a PIC must hold either an airline transport, commercial, private, recreational, or sport pilot certificate. The PIC must also hold a current FAA airman medical certificate or a valid U.S. driver’s license issued by a state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, a territory, a possession, or the Federal government.

By the way, PIC means pilot in command. A spotter cannot be the person with the pilot license, it must be the "pilot in command" of the craft according to the 333 rules.

There are literally hundreds of recent FAA 333 exemptions that state the same thing here. However, if there's a way to get around the pilot license requirement, I'm all ears. Thanks for the tips.

Here's some interesting info I have found on this subject of getting a minimum sport pilot license, but it still requires flight time.

Last edited:
This recent 333 exemption states that the an Airman's certificate is ALSO needed (or a driver license), in addition to the pilot license. This is why I'm so curious about your credentials and who stated you don't need a pilot license that includes flight experience with at least 20hrs flight time (that's for a Sport license). Is Dacon Productions the one that told you it was acceptable for the "exam only" certification?

Read #13 in any 333 exemption
13. Under this grant of exemption, a PIC must hold either an airline transport, commercial, private, recreational, or sport pilot certificate. The PIC must also hold a current FAA airman medical certificate or a valid U.S. driver’s license issued by a state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, a territory, a possession, or the Federal government.

By the way, PIC means pilot in command. A spotter cannot be the person with the pilot license, it must be the "pilot in command" of the craft according to the 333 rules.

There are literally hundreds of recent FAA 333 exemptions that state the same thing here. However, if there's a way to get around the pilot license requirement, I'm all ears. Thanks for the tips.

Here's some interesting info I have found on this subject of getting a minimum sport pilot license, but it still requires flight time.

Seriously, you feel the need to correct my acronym from command and control?

No, he didn't. We got out exemption a while ago and it wasn't me that spearheaded it. We have one and I will look into it for you happily, if you'll drop the transparent "gotcha" motif.

I'll post the exemption to show you so we can stop the ruse of you trying to pick my brain when an expert on this, I am not.

We paid $1700 to a lawyer and we ended up with the exemption if you could read between the not so subtle lines. Jess took a written test and we were told that we can now legally use our company to generate revenue with commercial UAS aircraft.

It was much easier when we did it then it is now and without a lawyer, even if you do everything just right, you're going to wait a long time.

If you really want to obtain a 333 and knowing we have one, you should stop trying to tell me what I needed to do and ask what we did. Is happy to help but I am pretty intuitive and your very obvious skepticism cloaked in questions if off-putting.

Fact is, we have one and you do not so and neither of us have ever attempted to fly a plane with us in it. I am considering getting a sport license just because but that has nothing to do with anything.

I thought I was over having to prove myself around here all the time because every time someone questioned me, I showed them the cold fact and people don't like that so if you want my help, stop asking me questions and talking me answers.

Read bwtween the lines a little. I don't know if the laws have changed but when we got our exemption, you did not need to step in a plane. He got it in Hawaii where we are headquarted and we have it and in all honesty, it's not where we come close to our bread and butter, but if you want it to be for you, you seem like a resourceful guy with answers so why are you asking me? You rebut everything I say so just go do your thing. I am sure you can do it!

Last edited:
"
  1. The operator may not permit any PIC to operate unless the PIC demonstrates the ability to safely operate the UAS in a manner consistent with how the UAS will be operated under this exemption

I am not 100 on this but is sounds to me that the PUC 333 exempt operator can let anyone fly it that demonstrates the ability to fly the craft safely.

As I mentioned, I just got my 333 exemption last week after waiting 6 long months. After reading it a couple of times, there seems to be no way around the pilot license. When you state that's it's not needed, why wouldn't I be curious if that's true. 333 exemptions state they are only good for 2yrs, and they haven't changed the wording from what I can see in the last 2yrs. I only want to know so I can get around the pilot license requirement, assuming it's legit. Sorry if I'm sounding challenging to your claim, but what your saying isn't what my 333 states, and they all read the same (the link I previously posted). If I'm missing something let me know, I'd like like to minimize the time and cost of the pilot license if that's possible and still be legal in the eyes of the FAA.

Reactions: Roverggm and Myetkt
As I mentioned, I just got my 333 exemption last week after waiting 6 long months. After reading it a couple of times, there seems to be no way around the pilot license. When you state that's it's not needed, why wouldn't I be curious if that's true. 333 exemptions state they are only good for 2yrs, and they haven't changed the wording from what I can see in the last 2yrs. I only want to know so I can get around the pilot license requirement, assuming it's legit. Sorry if I'm sounding challenging to your claim, but what your saying isn't what my 333 states, and they all read the same (the link I previously posted). If I'm missing something let me know, I'd like like to minimize the time and cost of the pilot license if that's possible and still be legal in the eyes of the FAA.
John I'm confused.... you have your 333, which you say needs a pilots licence, but your hoping you dont need a pilots licence to get one even though you must have one (a pilots licence) or you couldnt have the 333....

Anyway..... im just flying for fun and outside the US so I dont have any skin in the game here. I can see why Jussaguy is feeling a bit on the defensive side. Its definately looking like a serious crack at a call out and an uncomfortable read.

"
  1. The operator may not permit any PIC to operate unless the PIC demonstrates the ability to safely operate the UAS in a manner consistent with how the UAS will be operated under this exemption

I am not 100 on this but is sounds to me that the PUC 333 exempt operator can let anyone fly it that demonstrates the ability to fly the craft safely.
If we take all statements from the 333 as requirements, it states:

a PIC must hold either an airline transport, commercial, private, recreational, or sport pilot certificate.
AND
a PIC must demonstrate the ability to safely operate the UAS in a manner consistent with how the UAS will be operated under this exemption

In other words, the company (operator) cannot hire a person that has a commercial pilot license and never flown a UAS in his life. That's what your sentence clip is trying to say I think, am I wrong?

We cannot take one sentence out of context and ignore the other one, can we? Seems like a stretch.

The operator is the holder of the 333, which could be a company of which holds no pilot license, but could own 10 drones (such as a farm). The PIC's on the other hand are the personnel that fly the birds, and it says to qualify they require a pilot license, and also have the skill set to fly the drone.

This is how I read it, and believe me I'd like to read it like you have interpreted it. I'm looking for clarity to get around this requirement, but until the 107 plan is released, it looks impossible. I hope I'm wrong.

The wife isn't keen on me getting a pilot license, but she knows if I need it I'll get it. I'm at the point that I'm thinking.....do I go for the pilot license which will take 4-6 months and $5000, or wait for the 107 program that won't require the pilot license and cost under $1000 (FAA estimate)?

John I'm confused.... you have your 333, which you say needs a pilots licence, but your hoping you dont need a pilots licence to get one even though you must have one (a pilots licence) or you couldnt have the 333....

Anyway..... im just flying for fun and outside the US so I dont have any skin in the game here. I can see why Jussaguy is feeling a bit on the defensive side. Its definately looking like a serious crack at a call out and an uncomfortable read.
I got my 333 last week in the mail from the FAA. But for me to use it for commercial work the pilot in command is required to have a pilot license. That's how it reads, and what everyone I've spoke to has stated, as well as videos and other forums I'm on. Anyone can get a 333 by applying to the FAA and listing their drone with the proper application, like I did through Acesdeals.biz. You don't need a pilot license to hold a 333 exemption. But my 333 is worthless to me until I get a pilot license to fly drones for money, the way I read the requirements, and what I read everywhere else I go. I could hire other skilled UAS pilots that have a pilot license to do work for me, but that's not my goal. I want to do the flying for money, like so many others.

Jussaguy says 333 holders don't need a pilot license to fly commercially, and I'm trying to figure out if I've missed something. Obviously if I can alleviate the cost and time for the pilot license, I'd like to, hence my questions and curiosity.

Last edited:
I got my 333 last week in the mail from the FAA. But for me to use it for commercial work the pilot in command is required to have a pilot license. That's how it reads, and what everyone I've spoke to has stated, as well as videos and other forums I'm on. Anyone can get a 333 by applying to the FAA and listing their drone with the proper application, like I did through Acesdeals.biz. But my 333 is worthless to me until I get a pilot license, the way I read the requirements, and what I read everywhere.

Jussaguy says 333 holders don't need a pilot license to fly commercially, and I'm trying to figure out if I've missed something. Obviously if I can alleviate the cost and time for the pilot license, I'd like too, hence my questions and curiosity.
Ok John, thank you. Your percieved (to me) demeanor makes perfect sense now, its actually desperate curiousity.... My apologies...

a PIC must hold either an airline transport, commercial, private, recreational, or sport pilot certificate.
AND
a PIC must demonstrate the ability to safely operate the UAS in a manner consistent with how the UAS will be operated under this exemption

In other words, the company (operator) cannot hire a person that has a commercial pilot license and never flown a UAS in his life. That's what your sentence clip is trying to say I think, am I wrong?

We cannot take one sentence out of context and ignore the other one, can we? Seems like a stretch.

The operator is the holder of the 333, which could be a company of which holds no pilot license, but could own 10 drones (such as a farm). The PIC's on the other hand are the personnel that fly the birds, and it says to qualify they require a pilot license, and also have the skill set to fly the drone.

This is how I read it, and believe me I'd like to read it like you have interpreted it. I'm looking for clarity to get around this requirement, but until the 107 plan is released, it looks impossible. I hope I'm wrong.

The wife isn't keen on me getting a pilot license, but she knows if I need it I'll get it. I'm at the point that I'm thinking.....do I go for the pilot license which will take 4-6 months and $5000, or wait for the 107 program that won't require the pilot license and cost under $1000 (FAA estimate)?
I'm sorry, at the risk of beimg rude, I didn't read much of this. You seem to have all the answers so go take care of your business and stop asking me questions. You have all these thoughts or opinions and cant seem to absorb the not very hidden fact that we got what we got because we hired a lawyer to traverse the landscape.

I didn't make any interpretations and you have all this info and knowledge so what to heck do you want from me? I have nothing for you. As long as you don't have your 333, less legal competition for me so good luck but I'm pulling out of this conversation that you seem to have all the answers to and frankly, I'm not very interested in doing any more reading on the subject for you. You're not trying to engage me in a friendly discussion (although bravo on making it seem that way, if you're as good at everything else as you are at hiding your elite smugness, you're going places), you're questioning/pesterimg me about my own acquisition of the form.

I began this conversation and was reading info and trying to interpret for you, but pony up some cash and take care of business or don't. I'm not going to spend my evening giving you an interpretation of something I am already set with and I can't say a thing about with you rebutting. I am not an expert on this, my lawyer is/was. I'm pretty well connected to competent high price lawyers as my brother is the head legal council for the second largest hedge fund on Earrh.

You' seem like an extremely intelligent, resourceful person so if a couple of dummies like us figured out how to do it I'm sure you can. Your lack of ability to understand what Im am trying to tell you is frankly dumbfounding and I've asked you on at least one occasion to bring it to PM and I would from there even be happy to give you my number and hand you the verbal road map to get your exmption but you are set to, albeit kindly at least, just pick apart everything I write, yet Level 6 Creative has an exemption to the 2012 Modernezation Act and you don't and get you keep telling me how to get one.

Never mind that I'm considering getting an actual pilots license anyway for other reasons.

With that, I'll leave the search in your obviously very capable hands.

Adam

Last edited:
I got my 333 last week in the mail from the FAA. But for me to use it for commercial work the pilot in command is required to have a pilot license. That's how it reads, and what everyone I've spoke to has stated, as well as videos and other forums I'm on. Anyone can get a 333 by applying to the FAA and listing their drone with the proper application, like I did through Acesdeals.biz. You don't need a pilot license to hold a 333 exemption. But my 333 is worthless to me until I get a pilot license to fly drones for money, the way I read the requirements, and what I read everywhere else I go. I could hire other skilled UAS pilots that have a pilot license to do work for me, but that's not my goal. I want to do the flying for money, like so many others.

Jussaguy says 333 holders don't need a pilot license to fly commercially, and I'm trying to figure out if I've missed something. Obviously if I can alleviate the cost and time for the pilot license, I'd like to, hence my questions and curiosity.
If I said that, I could very well have been wrong. I am not trying to cause you any confusion and I am sorry if I have. There are others here with a MUCH greater understanding of the FAA rules than I.

I learned most of what I know after we recieved our 333.

It wasn't even that long ago that I even knew what it was. We had a gig (level 6 creative) that was a pretty well paying one, and they wouldn't let us do it without the form so we scrambled and that's how we ended up with it, when the exemption was pretty brand new.

Since then, I've just been operating my company with it without a very strong understanding of the rules. I apologize if I made it seem like I have some answers for you than I do.

You truly seem more knowledgable about it than I, and therefore more responsible. I feel well enough protected that even if something went down, I have enough protection now that my business is safe.

Don't take anything I say about it as a fact or concern.

Trust yourself more than I on this one.

I'm sorry if I've confused you.

If I said that, I could very well have been wrong. I am not trying to cause you any confusion and I am sorry if I have. There are others here with a MUCH greater understanding of the FAA rules than I.

It wasn't even that long ago that I even knew what it was. We had a gig (level 6 creative) that was a pretty well paying one, and they wouldn't let us do it without the form so we scrambled and that's how we ended up with it, when the exemption was pretty brand new.

Since then, I've just been operating my company with it without a very strong understanding of the rules. I apologize if I made it seem like I have some answers for you than I do.

You truly seem more knowledgable about it than I, and therefore more responsible. I feel well enough protected that even if something went down, I have enough protection now that my business is safe.

Hey, likewise, sorry if I seem like I'm calling you out on this, but that's not the intention. I'm simply reading my 333 over an over which is indicating I actually need a real pilot license. I expected this from the beginning, and I've been planning that after I got my 333 exemption. So now that I've received my 333 in the mail, it's decision time. When you threw out the notion that I don't have to get the pilot license, that caught my eye. All I was asking from you is to talk with your partner Jess and let me know the title of the certificate he has that alleviates the full pilot license requirement, and who told you it was acceptable with the FAA. However, it sounds like I've upset you to the point that I've worn out my welcome. Again, sorry for the misunderstandings.

AND
Thanks for typing what you did to clear the air about your concerns. It certainly helps my understand your goals and I appreciate your attention to detail as flying a craft in the airspace is not to be taken lightly. At the time my partner took the test to get the exemption, I am almost positive he only took ground based test and I typed it earlier and I believe it was called something like an Airman's Certificate or something but I am not 100%. I don't know if that has changed, or if one of those certificates above are correct or not but he definitely received it without ever having to put his hands on the controls of an airplane. That said, and am trying to be discreet but we had a lawyer that helped us traverse the landscape. It wouldn't make complete sense to me that one would need a full pilot's license in order to fly a UAS as the only thing that needs to be understood and Deacon did some explaining to me yesterday about how to read aerial maps and approaches and the proper protocols to speak to the towers and such and it would make sense that you would need to know that to fly a UAS but why do I need to learn how to land a plane?

That was not me writing that, it was a copy and paste from the FAA and no, I don't think your interpretation of it is correct. That particular part says, and I probably wouldn't have known this the day before yesterday but after my lesson from @Dacon Productions I realized how much there is to know in every location on proper protocol, knowledge of what's happening, etc. For example, there is a way to read the aerial maps that say you can't fly over 2600 feet at X location if you see a 26 at a specific part even if its in a perfectly fine zone (and that would be true for a pilot of a smaller aircraft or a UAS). It doesn't mean, you need to know how to turn on the UAS and fly it, but rather HOW TO FLY IT SAFELY within the guidelines of the FAA which are completely defined on the aerial maps. I could be wrong on this but that is my interpretation. I am not even close to sure on this one.

I was looking something up here and I found something that seems to answer the questions you are answering much more elegantly than I am so have a read at the next post. I was going to comb through this but read the next one.

AND

Ugh, this got all messed up but I found something that has some answers that I think you'll be pleased with but again, we were being walked through the process with a lawyer.

If you have your 333, I think you are fine unless certain criterion are not met. Have a read below.

Do I Need A Pilot’s License or Airman Certificate to Apply for a FAA Section 333 Exemption?

A pilot’s license is NOT required to file a petition for a Section 333 exemption.
One of the most common questions we get asked by clients who want to fly a drone for business is whether or not you need a pilots license or Airman’s Certificate in order to apply for a section 333 exemptions or hold a section 333 exemption from the FAA. You do not need a pilots license or airman’s certificate to file a petition for a section 333 exam shouldn’t. The FAA will grant an exemption to anyone who is a United States citizen and otherwise is willing to fly under the limitations set forth by the FAA in the exemption grant, and the federal aviation regulations which will still apply to each flight.

Here is what the FAA says:

Is an FAA-issued pilot certificate required to operate a civil UASunder an experimental airworthiness certificate or a grant of exemption under Section 333?

If the aircraft is issued an airworthiness certificate, a pilot certificate is required. FAA Order 8130.34C(PDF), Airworthiness Certification of Unmanned Aircraft Systems

Pilot certification requirements for petitions for exemption under Section 333 are evaluated on a case-by-case basis [note the FAA is granting exemptions as long as the exemption holder agrees that the PIC has an airman certificate]. While Section 333 grants the Secretary of Transportation flexibility with regard to airworthiness certification requirements, it does not grant the Secretary any flexibility with regard to airman certification standards as outlined in Sections 44703 and 44711 of Title 49 of the United States Code (49 USC). An FAA airman certificate is required to operate an aircraft in the National Airspace System.

For the reasons below, you should not be discouraged. Most of our Section 333 exemption clients DO NOT themselves have an airman’s certificate, and are hiring the PIC as independent contractors.

Here is why you should still apply for a section 333 exemption even if you don’t have a pilots license.
While the section 333 exemption holder does not have to have a pilots license, the exemption holder has to hire, typically on independent contractor basis, someone who does have a pilots license to operate the drone under the granted exemption. Drone enthusiasts, aerial photographers and videographers and others who want to fly a drone for business are sometimes discouraged by the FAA’s requirement that the pilot in command (PIC) of the aircraft during each drone flight has to have and airman certificate, which typically means on minimum of a sport or recreational pilots license.

Here is why you should not be at all deterred from applying for section 333 exemption just because you don’t have a pilots license:

• The FAA requires that you have at least two people participating in each drone flight, a pilot in command and a visual observer. This means you have to have two people on site anyway. You’re going to have to hire someone to participate in each flight no matter what. Just make that second person the pilot in command and make sure he has pilots license or Airman certificate.
  • Presumably, you want to obtain the a section 333 exemption from the FAA to fly your drone because you want to make money. This means your job as the business owner is to go out and get business, close sales and develop your business model. It would be highly inefficient for you to spend all your time flying the drone.
  • It is typically easy to find a drone pilot to hire an independent contractor business who meets the FAA’s requirements for the pilot in command. Our droll law team can help you identify several local resources who will likely be able to refer multiple pilots to you to act as the pilot in command for an hourly rate between 10 and $20 per hour.
  • Holding the section 333 granted by the FAA is where your real business value lies. Would you rather hold the section 333 exemption or be the pilot?
  • Sure you still get to fly your drone as a recreational hobbyist whenever you want.

Do I Need A Pilot's License or Airman Certificate to Apply for a FAA Section 333 Exemption? - Hire a Drone Law Attorney - Section 333 Exemptions

Take it as you will but this seems to refute some of the thoughts you had while at the same time giving context to some of the things I was saying and hopefully giving you a better understanding of what is what.

****The way I read this is that if you fly within the rules of the FAA for everyone out there (under 400, LOS, 5 miles from airport, etc), you don't even need to take the Airman's Certificate test, you only need fly within the guidelines of the FAA rules that we all know.

However, if you're going to fly over 400, out of LOS, or even closer to an Airport, then it's on a case by case basis and then what type of license you would need is dependent on what your desires are. This is the way I interpret this anyhow.

When you take the Airman's Certificate class, you should be able to understand how to properly read this map, proper protocol to ask for permission to fly say 3 miles southwest at 2pm next week on a Tuesday. I really learned a lot about it speaking to @Dacon Productions yesterday and how blind I was flying before. You need that Airman's cert because this whole city is an NFZ.

Do you know how to properly read this?

SkyVector: Flight Planning / Aeronautical Charts

Last edited:
All these.....

• The FAA requires that you have at least two people participating in each drone flight, a pilot in command and a visual observer. This means you have to have two people on site anyway. You’re going to have to hire someone to participate in each flight no matter what. Just make that second person the pilot in command and make sure he has pilots license or Airman certificate.
  • Presumably, you want to obtain the a section 333 exemption from the FAA to fly your drone because you want to make money. This means your job as the business owner is to go out and get business, close sales and develop your business model. It would be highly inefficient for you to spend all your time flying the drone.
  • It is typically easy to find a drone pilot to hire an independent contractor business who meets the FAA’s requirements for the pilot in command. Our droll law team can help you identify several local resources who will likely be able to refer multiple pilots to you to act as the pilot in command for an hourly rate between 10 and $20 per hour.
  • Holding the section 333 granted by the FAA is where your real business value lies. Would you rather hold the section 333 exemption or be the pilot?
  • Sure you still get to fly your drone as a recreational hobbyist whenever you want.

ARE ASININE. Ridiculous... i can't even begin to wrap my head around the bs.

Thanks. I am up in Canada so not sure what insurance options are available. I checked with my auto insurance provider and they don't offer it and my home insurance provider are looking in to it.

Besides insurance you are required to have an SFOC from transport Canada, Not having one could get you a $25000 fine to start.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20