What do I do with a broken P4Pro?

Reaction score
So I'm sick to be posting this, but I was doing some photos of some construction on our property. I was about 60 feet high and a rogue guest of wind pushed me into a pine branch. Needless to say the impact as the drone came down to the pool deck did some serious damage. Camera broke completely off of the gimbal, landing gear broken, body broken.... I'm so pissed. The only good news is the electronics appear to be done, and that it missed the pool by like a foot.

So my question is, what do I do? I know I can send it off to be repaired, but I would imagine I might as well buy a new one for what that'll cost. I know I can buy the body and gimbal and do it myself - I'd be comfortable doing that but then there is a risk of something being wrong that I can't see. Is there somewhere that will buy crashed drones?

Anyone have any insight?

So I'm sick to be posting this, but I was doing some photos of some construction on our property. I was about 60 feet high and a rogue guest of wind pushed me into a pine branch. Needless to say the impact as the drone came down to the pool deck did some serious damage. Camera broke completely off of the gimbal, landing gear broken, body broken.... I'm so pissed. The only good news is the electronics appear to be done, and that it missed the pool by like a foot.

So my question is, what do I do? I know I can send it off to be repaired, but I would imagine I might as well buy a new one for what that'll cost. I know I can buy the body and gimbal and do it myself - I'd be comfortable doing that but then there is a risk of something being wrong that I can't see. Is there somewhere that will buy crashed drones?

Anyone have any insight?
get a mini 2 ,you will not be dissapointed and cheaper than I expect to get your P4 repaired

Reactions: lasersbee
I went from the DJI GO APP (Phantom 3) to the DJI Fly app, (mini 2) and never really noticed any difference, I sometimes use my mobiles S6 or S7 but mainly my samsung tab A 8" (2019)
just check if your device is compatable with the fly app

I went from the DJI GO APP (Phantom 3) to the DJI Fly app, (mini 2) and never really noticed any difference, I sometimes use my mobiles S6 or S7 but mainly my samsung tab A 8" (2019)
just check if your device is compatable with the fly app
My reference is to the difference between the two apps. Not compatibility of devices used.

Anyone have any insight?
Send it for repair,will not be as expensive as you think and your drone will be as good as new!!

Anyone have any insight?
Check out this thread that I started: Great Experience with DJI repair shop

My advice is to send your aircraft and remote to the DJI Repair Shop for a free estimate.

@Droneted might be able to help you out I've always been happy with his work and price's he's also a member here

Reactions: 1buddyc

Anyone have any insight?
I ended up sending mine back to DJI after a bird incident. Cost me $230 to repair and took about a week and a half. They sent back a might as well be brand new refurb. It was a pretty simple process, create an online repair order, box it up, print the included UPS shipping label and drop it at any UPS store. Then you just wait. They update your repair order online with pictures and everything. It was a pretty much painless process. Highly recommend….

Reactions: MassDrone

Attachments

• 20220110_080052.jpg
    20220110_080052.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 20220110_080055.jpg
    20220110_080055.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 20220110_080058.jpg
    20220110_080058.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 112
  • 20220110_080103.jpg
    20220110_080103.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 20220110_080108.jpg
    20220110_080108.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: dronesky
I had similar experience. My P4P 2 totaled after a fall. Was a twisted wreck. I replaced the gimbal arm and cable (gimble motor, I think), entire body shell, and landing gear. Sadly the internal chassis (cast magnesium perhaps?) also broke where the proximity sensor mounts. I repaired that with epoxy but was still a bit wanky. After repair, the gimbal just jiggled endlessly and wouldn't respond to any commands. The bird flew, but there was a constant error message about dysfunctional sensors. Since I couldn't really use the camera, I couldn't fly it anywhere. I then found out the you can't simply replace the gimbal motor because each one is 'calibrated ' to it's drone at the factory and you'll never have a match. WTF? It was recommended to replace the entire gimbal/camera assembly, which I wasn't doing to a drone that may otherwise have flying problems. A good used P4P replacement was only a few hundred dollars more. So, I bailed and hung it from the ceiling. I was so close to getting there, but had to buy a new drone.

Reactions: cneedelman
It is repairable. I have repaired many like yours. Takes about a week if everything it needs is in stock. If it didn’t get wet DJI will do it. U have options

Reactions: 1buddyc

Anyone have any insight?
How much do you want for it? And what else would be coming with it?

Buy a new body and swap all the good parts to it there's many good videos on line to do it plus its a good experience been there done that many times and when your done buy some prop guards

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.