What distance are you pilots getting stock

Phantom_Menace66 said:
I've had my P2V+ for a couple of days and took it out onto a playing field in the burbs... Sent it straight up & couldn't see it after 250ft against the sky. According to the app on my cell phone it went up to 726ft before I chickened out & brought it back down to 100ft and sent it forward to 850ft but brought it back because I was afraid it might decide to head back to China.
Strange feeling when you can no longer see it...
yes its scary as hell at first lol. But you get over it fast

Kind of interesting....
A few days ago when I posted I was out in the middle of no where basically and there was no other wifi signals found on my phone. I was able to go up 250' and out to 1300' without a single blip in my connection. Yesterday afternoon I decided to fly it just inside my small town at a park that was near some office buildings. There were many wifi network present and I could see some comm towers off in the distance. I was only able to go up 200' and out to about 700' before I lots connection. I didn't RTH though I just pulled back a bit and it reconnected. Think I'm going back out to the fields to see how fare it will go......

ShoreBird said:
Kind of interesting....
A few days ago when I posted I was out in the middle of no where basically and there was no other wifi signals found on my phone. I was able to go up 250' and out to 1300' without a single blip in my connection. Yesterday afternoon I decided to fly it just inside my small town at a park that was near some office buildings. There were many wifi network present and I could see some comm towers off in the distance. I was only able to go up 200' and out to about 700' before I lots connection. I didn't RTH though I just pulled back a bit and it reconnected. Think I'm going back out to the fields to see how fare it will go......

every time i lost connection pulled back immediately until i regained it. i thought that was doing me justice but it wasn't. my last few flights have proven to me that blasting full throttle through the "lost connection" message is the best thing to do. back when i was getting 2200 feet max i saw a guy get 4900 and i was amazed. he said that everything was 100% battery and he went full throttle all the way. It wasn't until i blasted through the "lost connection" warnings that i passed the 1 mile marker.
as far as flying in dense areas, i just keep line of sight and go higher. at 200 feet i can't even go behind my house without losing connection. line of sight is really important in that type of scenario. and the more buildings, and tower, etc. there are the worse your range will get.
i don't know anything about electronics and signals and all that good stuff. i hope to learn. I got this info from my experience. i keep a log book in my case and i document every flight.
flight number
What battery I'm using
how many times that battery has been charged
how far down i drained the battery
where the flight took place
time of day
what kind of video i took (to distinguish it from other flights)
whether i uploaded that video to youtube
any issues
any broken records
etc.

And I make sure i write in my log book after every flight religiously!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik