What distance are you pilots getting stock

Reaction score
The first time i pushed the limits in a rural area i got around 1200 feet (and 200 feet up) until failsafe kicked in. i am using naza mode. is that good? I've seen the video where the guy gets 4100 feet (or meters) stock but there was nothing in front of him but open space.

I'm wondering if I'll get much difference by connecting my wifi repeater to the top of a 20 foot telescoping flag poll I have at my house. This weekend I'm going to test it out and see what the results are. If it makes a big improvement I'll make a small tripod type base for it as its small enough for me to pull down and put in the trunk of my car to take to a park when I'm going flying.

I have been out to 4900' over water or rural open farmland. At my house I get about 1500'-2000', but there are a LOT of Wi-Fi routers polluting the airwaves, and the Phantom's Wi-Fi is locked on channel 1 which certainly hurts.

As many of you know from my post i have been trying to go the furthest distance with my stock out of the box bird. Same starting point and ending point and around the same altitude each time.

I hit 4100 feet first time then 4796 feet second time and today.....

I went an unbelievable 6480.9888 ft or 1.22746 miles from take off point. :p :eek: :shock:

I mapped it out on Google Distance Map and this number could be 50-100ft off but it isn't far off when looking a the video and map and landmarks to judge end point at.

Key to this was a full charge on everything and me going full throttle forward and a steady altitude climb till i got to cruising altitude.

As far as I can tell this is the most anyone has went documented and posted on the internet with e stock PV2 plus.

In the video below you can see the front of the bird tilt down violently a few times...today wind was a steady 10mph with gust i n the 20mph range. I was in a head wind some of time. I still has FPV ad I think the wind was carrying it but at the same time knocking out but it would come back on and I would keep going.

This is my 43 flight and I am really at astonished at how well these thing s fly and the distance. I really dont think i can go much farther this has to be the limit...dayum over 1 mile???? WOW! And did it in under 3 minutes!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYjBMYR91s0[/youtube]

Attachments

• phantom distance record 1.2mile.JPG
    phantom distance record 1.2mile.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 983
I get min 600m and max I have been brave enough to try is 1500m distance.
Have been over 600m high :)

We should include altitudes in results... I made a 3000 ft run the other day and started losing video so I turned and headed home but I was only about 80 ft altitude... The next day I ran the same run at 300 ft altitude and went out past 4100 ft without any problems ... never hit the limit on transmitter or wifi... turned and headed home just because I had started the run after using some battery and I didn't wanna push my luck.

Big Chips said:
my altitude on my flights were around 680
wow you're surrounded by trees to (a lot of them). no power lines, etc. though. do you think thats what's limiting me. in addition to my altitude being less than 300.

i need to find some farmland, go to 650 and push it to the max. how fast do you travel? i found myself doing 42 not even pushing it all the way. then i turned around and came back and hit 37 so I'm kinda thinking it wasn't the wind pushing me. i don't do that on purpose. both times i took my eyes off the speed to check altitude and looked back and was amazed at the speed. trust me i have not desire to go above 30. for now lol

When I first got my Plus....the first thing I did was distance test it. Didn't seem much better than the previous one. I got to about 1200' @250ft. altitude.

Since then....it seems to be deteriorating. I'll be flying a lot more over the weekend, hopefully. I'll make a conscious effort to track it.

Elginet said:
When I first got my Plus....the first thing I did was distance test it. Didn't seem much better than the previous one. I got to about 1200' @250ft. altitude.

Since then....it seems to be deteriorating. I'll be flying a lot more over the weekend, hopefully. I'll make a conscious effort to track it.
Im getting the exact same results. Tomorrow ill try it at 600 ft. and update here

Big Chips said:
As many of you know from my post i have been trying to go the furthest distance with my stock out of the box bird. Same starting point and ending point and around the same altitude each time.

I hit 4100 feet first time then 4796 feet second time and today.....

I went an unbelievable 6480.9888 ft or 1.22746 miles from take off point. :p :eek: :shock:

I mapped it out on Google Distance Map and this number could be 50-100ft off but it isn't far off when looking a the video and map and landmarks to judge end point at.

Key to this was a full charge on everything and me going full throttle forward and a steady altitude climb till i got to cruising altitude.

As far as I can tell this is the most anyone has went documented and posted on the internet with e stock PV2 plus.

In the video below you can see the front of the bird tilt down violently a few times...today wind was a steady 10mph with gust i n the 20mph range. I was in a head wind some of time. I still has FPV ad I think the wind was carrying it but at the same time knocking out but it would come back on and I would keep going.

This is my 43 flight and I am really at astonished at how well these thing s fly and the distance. I really dont think i can go much farther this has to be the limit...dayum over 1 mile???? WOW! And did it in under 3 minutes!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYjBMYR91s0[/youtube]

are you using 3.2 software

Hit my personal best of 2400 today. High density NJ with 60 ft trees and flying only 300 ft. Also a personal speed record today of 53mph in ATTI mode.
GAVhtSIM

Before I changed the mode to FCC in the RC Assistant software, I was only getting 1500-1600ft max (did have two beeps on transmitter, but software radio button said CE... maybe just placebo effect, but my range did increase.

Toms River

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1