WHATS HAPPENED, Nothing changed

If you know of someone having a real issue due to K index, please post about it. I feel the K index would need to be so high that it would also affect other electronic devices along with RC aircraft to be an issue.

I agree LuvMyTJ,
I focus on the the K index simply to alert for geomagnetic storms which do affect GPS receivers. Especially in the upper latitudes. My mention of "k index" was automatic and I should have just stuck with "geomagnetic storm" or "G4" to indicate the receiver. Since his problems at first seemed distance related and happened nearly overnight I was focusing on GPS. We design, manufacture and distribute commercial and amateur antennas for the HF, VHF and UHF spectrum and the K index greatly affects the HF band.
Weather wise, Fog, smoke, humidity and folage are far more likely to cause problems in the ISM bands. (2.4gHz and 5.8gHz)
In state emergency management we get constant alerts once a storm or CME reaches 4. I guess I presumed the focus to be on the geomagnetic storm which does affect the GPS receiver.
In any case I hope he replies with what DJI determines.

Lets hope the L1/L5 chip is everything the manufactures hope and we can worry less about GPS.

My distance is terrible now, I get it to about 100-200 meters and it loses signal and RTH,
I cancel and try to push out a bit farther and it losses signal and again RTH.
I was flying yesterday no problem. Nothing has changed since then , no crashes, full batteries all around. The only change is I did an IMU calibration,and I did it exactly as told.
Could that be it ?? Before I open my controller to see if the antenna wire has separated Id like some opinions from you more experienced flyers.
Thanks in advance

I'm GUESSING you installed the crappy latest 'upgrade'? This stupidly requires you to STAY LOGGED IN to DJI site, otherwise drone has those limits! I downgraded to an earlier version for that reason (range is still crap, but with ARG mod (near useless) max I can get is 800m away. BETTER, but rubbish.

I'm GUESSING you installed the crappy latest 'upgrade'? This stupidly requires you to STAY LOGGED IN to DJI site, otherwise drone has those limits! I downgraded to an earlier version for that reason (range is still crap, but with ARG mod (near useless) max I can get is 800m away. BETTER, but rubbish.
I have to wonder if those limits actually trigger RTH. Wouldn't the app simply warn you limit has been reached? Reaching a distance limit and losing signal are differnet, no?

Reactions: smackc4
I downgraded to the 1.05 version but after that my gimbal wasn’t working properly, I did a gimbal calibration and recenter but it would not stay level and snapped back to center really fast, the camera would just drop at a crooked angle, it was a mess, so.. I installed the 1.07 firmware, now the gimbal works fine,however I have to wait until maybe Monday to see if everything works because it’s-22° And snowing right now, supposed to be around 3+ Monday,
I’ll be trying everything then hopefully and I’ll give an update

I have to wonder if those limits actually trigger RTH. Wouldn't the app simply warn you limit has been reached? Reaching a distance limit and losing signal are differnet, no?

Not sure, but sounds right.
When you D/L latest version of DJIGO app, it tells you of this new 'improvement'! ahhaha (Like backwards engineering gone WRONG in my opinion!) LOL Plenty of info on latest versions limitation around

Well.. I was able to go have a test flight with the 1.07.8 firmware today and unfortunately I still have the lost rc, RTH issue after around 250m, I re-binded the remote, I’ve tried everything I have learned and can think of,I don’t know what to do at all now.
I feel ripped off honestly.

Reactions: smackc4
Well.. I was able to go have a test flight with the 1.07.8 firmware today and unfortunately I still have the lost rc, RTH issue after around 250m, I re-binded the remote, I’ve tried everything I have learned and can think of,I don’t know what to do at all now.
I feel ripped off honestly.

Perhaps you may benefit from this post I'm following, re earlier version of APP and CE Vs FCC specs;
Range?

Holy smokes, what the heck??,
I installed the 1.05 firmware again and now on my display it says
“ Main controller data error “ and a barometer error.
I’m in the frigin house what is going on

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z