What did you learn after your first day flying?

Read up on the regulations before you rush out to get it in the air lol.
I went to a local park (no one around) in the centre of town. Sent her up... Got some lovely ariel footage... Then decided to hover at around 30m beside a church, nice view. What I didn't take into consideration was the police station I was hovering right above. As I brought her back into land I filmed the three police cars circling the park looking for the pilot.... Managed to pack up make a nonchalant wander out of the park with the rucksack over my shoulder as the police moved in... I laugh now at my naivety at the time and have gotten much more up on regulations since.
I doubt I'm alone.

My second day out, as I'm walking away from my car Phantom in hand, I noticed a cop had followed me and was cruising by. Probably because I looked real sketchy driving to the back corner of the park (where the empty field I fly in is) in literally freezing weather. I guess he realized I was NOT up to no good when he saw the drone and just kept driving. I'll take that as a sign of approval from my local PD.

Reactions: Grae
My second day out, as I'm walking away from my car Phantom in hand, I noticed a cop had followed me and was cruising by. Probably because I looked real sketchy driving to the back corner of the park (where the empty field I fly in is) in literally freezing weather. I guess he realized I was NOT up to no good when he saw the drone and just kept driving. I'll take that as a sign of approval from my local PD.

He must have been so disappointed. Probably thought he was about the catch the Criminal of the Year!

UK

I've learned that I should change my hobby :D lol
I think every day we learn something different as we fly. Always different places, different circumstances, different weather etc ...

Reactions: Grae
I've learned that I should change my hobby :D lol
I think every day we learn something different as we fly. Always different places, different circumstances, different weather etc ...

And it's expensive! Already hankering for a DJI S1000! [emoji23] But that will have to wait!

UK

First flight lesson, remember when flying low altitude that RTH takes it up to a minimum height, not what you want in medium winds!
Also, on the dog front.. Had just landed the bird and one came over all friendly... Then promptly pi#sed all over my bag and the legs of the quad!!
Lesson = keep away from dogs when not airborne!!!
Lol that just made my day 10 times over :):)

Reactions: Grae and Lasty12

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4