What Cheap tablet to Phantom professional

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I want to ask You what cheap tablet (7-8") is good in Youre opinion? I was thinking about Nexus 7 (2013-2014) but I heard that he can have problem with connection new version DJI GO..? What You thinking about this tablet? Or maybe samsung galaxy tab 4 (7.0" T235).

NVDIA SHIELD K1! If it's within your budget ($200) then it's the best value. Amazing specs, built-in HDMI out (not full-size), built in screen recording, and built in GPS! Blazing fast, too, and expandable storage.

I like the insignia elite. 120$ at bestbuy.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

But I do agree the k1 would be a fine choice if you can afford it. I may pick one up myself as I have heard excellent things about them

But I do agree the k1 would be a fine choice if you can afford it. I may pick one up myself as I have heard excellent things about them
But like You said You dont have any problem's with it? I heard that connection is problem with this tablet... Nvidia hmmm...I must see it but if it is 2 Times more exspensive I dont know how my wallet can handle that. Just buy P3P with hardshell and Im broken :) I got now Sony Xperia Z1 but dont know how it will work with my new Phantom.... :-( I think it will be too weak :-(

But like You said You dont have any problem's with it? I heard that connection is problem with this tablet... Nvidia hmmm...I must see it but if it is 2 Times more exspensive I dont know how my wallet can handle that. Just buy P3P with hardshell and Im broken :) I got now Sony Xperia Z1 but dont know how it will work with my new Phantom.... :-( I think it will be too weak :-(
The nexus 7 will work just fine for you. Like I say, I have no issues with it. Connects good, doesn't overheat, no lag. For a hundred bucks, it's a winner.

Reactions: Domikk
I bought a refurbished Nexus 7 a couple weeks ago on Amazon for only $110.00 - after I got it - it proceeded to update every Android version until it got to 6.1 or 1.6 - Marshallow. The tablet is absolutely A-1. Does everything that the firmware allows it to do.

Reactions: ScottLB and Domikk
I bought a refurbished Nexus 7 a couple weeks ago on Amazon for only $110.00 - after I got it - it proceeded to update every Android version until it got to 6.1 or 1.6 - Marshallow. The tablet is absolutely A-1. Does everything that the firmware allows it to do.
I got one around Christmas time on Groupon with a case for 107$ brand new. Not sure if they still are running the deal but I should have bought two at the time. Great little tablet

NVDIA SHIELD K1! If it's within your budget ($200) then it's the best value. Amazing specs, built-in HDMI out (not full-size), built in screen recording, and built in GPS! Blazing fast, too, and expandable storage.

Yet another for the K1. I like you went through all the options. It also pulls the info off our Android Mobile phone if you want it too.

Just the right size not too heavy for the holder.

Next up of course is what sunshade for the K1? Still looking for a good, reasonably priced one. :)

I went with a used Nvidia K1 from Amazon $179.. I also purchased padhat from hoodivison. The combo works great with my P3A.

In my country I looked up for this Nvidia and it cost something about 230$ for new or almoust new, and something about 200$ ( its very rare so I see 4-5 offers) Nexus is much cheaper and used are more popular...

Ok I will see witch one I choose...

Thx for Youre opinion

Another vote for the Nvidia Shield K1, I originally got a Galaxy Tab4 7", and returned it due to the lag and slow performance.. The Shield K1 does amazing as the replacement.

Does from Nvidia or Nexus is possible to stream live view streight to YouTube from P3P???

Hi everyone,

I want to ask You what cheap tablet (7-8") is good in Youre opinion? I was thinking about Nexus 7 (2013-2014) but I heard that he can have problem with connection new version DJI GO..? What You thinking about this tablet? Or maybe samsung galaxy tab 4 (7.0" T235).

I have a Nexus 7, second gen. Works fine with DJI GO.... BUT... I find that in comparison to my phone (Samsung Note 5), it has a noticeable lag. Perhaps I'm spoiled because the note has zero lag. Not a big deal if you fly line of sight but if you fly at a distance and there are obstacles extremely near, by the time you see them on your FPV it may be too late.

Unfortunately from what I have seen in YouTube vids, plenty of tablets out there have some range of video lag.

One last thought... It's a good idea to buy a tablet with a built in GPS (not all tablets have this.. iPads don't, unless they come with celular connection).

I'm pretty fond of the Shield K1 but it is the only thing I've used so I don't know how it compares to others. But it is a bad *** little tablet for the price. $200 ain't that extreme, go for it Dude!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic