What can I teach you about DJI flight logs?

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
If I created a series of YouTube videos about DJI flight logs, what are some things you'd like to learn about them?

If you do could you PLEASE make sure there are good subtiles or transcripts available, I would bet I am not the only deaf person who would benefit from your teachings.
Dat file tutorials would also be good if you are feeling particulairly scholarly.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the DJI DFlight Log viewer to see my routes over a google earth type map and data AFTER I have downloaded it and went to that website. If I'm out somewhere remote I have no internet connection. I'd like that capability on my Mac laptop. Would have saved me a ton of grief when I lost my drone earlier this year. Fortunately a hiker found it and I got it back weeks later.

Reactions: Shoot4fun
I would love more details about troubleshooting drone problems with the .dat files from the aircraft. More details about what the variables actually mean so I can sensibly select the relevant ones for the situation I am troubleshooting.

Reactions: DanDiego and DroneB
David have you seen this? P3 and Inspire 1 .csv Column Descriptions
I get 166? = column AW? columns with titles with loads of untitled colums after that. I am using Works2000, don't laugh it is what was supplied with my laptop, and have also tried Open office.
I don't have Excel which is what I recollect Endotherm? used in the thread Why did you fall?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... I am completely ignorant about all but the most basic log info, so you'd have to start at the beginning for me. Where to find the logs? What am I looking for? What does it mean? How can this info benefit my operational awareness? Things like that would be very helpful for me. Boring as watching paint dry for most others, probably...

Brad

Boring as watching paint dry for most others, probably
My idea is to create videos on specific topics. So, if someone already knows how to find the flight logs (for example), that video could be skipped.

Brad, the "Why did you fall" thread is an excellent introduction even if it is 'deep' and heavy going.
It's where I started from and even if it goes right over your head it can give you pointers where to look or what to look for and then you can google stuff.
A lot of "why did you fall" is still up Mt Everest for me but with each look I grasp a little bit more.

Brad, the "Why did you fall" thread is an excellent introduction even if it is 'deep' and heavy going.
Does it cover poor flying skills? Lack of attention span? Bad judgement? I have all those already...?
Thanks Philius! I'll give that a read soon as I get home tonight.

Brad

Reactions: chazzm
When I take the time, I can usually figure this stuff out.
When I don't apply or use it for a month or so, I'm almost back at square one.

DAT files, TXT files, CSV etc...
Which should I save locally on my PC and do I really need to save?
What / which are stored in aircraft's internal storage (Phantom 4 Pro), and same for remote (GL300E and F)?
Uses for micro SD slot on GL300E ?
Exactly what get transferred to DJI when I "Sync"?
Which websites decode the encrypted data?
Once decoded, is there a user friendly (easy) way to interpret the data?

Throw AirData and KittyHawk in the mix with their ability to store my data (sometimes complete, sometimes not..).

Thanks for your offer to help!

Does it cover ...........
Brad
Off the top of my head I can't remember what else is discussed, if anything. The interest for me and relevance to this thread is that it is about using the logs to establish why a drone crashed

Off the top of my head I can't remember what else is discussed, if anything. The interest for me and relevance to this thread is that it is about using the logs to establish why a drone crashed
Usually, for me anyway, there's a point of contact between the drone and some object that won't move... ?

Reactions: dronesky

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic