What backpack do you use?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Wanted to know what backpacks you use given that I'm searching for one.

Would be good if you can also say if you recommend it or not.

I am currently interested in the Polarpro drone trekker and the Manfrotto 3N1-36. They both have very good reviews, but the Manfrotto is about 59£ more expensive here in UK.

So, what do you use?

I have this one... a knockoff of the Manfroto D1, got it in a 'package deal' on a 2nd hand P3P. It's well made of good materials, and more than suitable for casual use... and, thanks to Manfroto, very well designed. It seems to be taller than the Man. you mentioned, has a separate compartment at the top, and holds an amazing amount of gear and accessories. Holds two spare batteries which, along with the pouch I keep props in, are accessible from the small flap on the front without opening the main compartment. I like it.

eta: I use motor covers and put the bird in upside down, fits perfectly... nice and snug.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCDrone
You can find a list of commonly used Phantom 4 backpacks here.

I rarely use a backpack. When I do though, I use my Think Tank Helipak (V1) backpack. It's customizable and is able to hold lots of gear.

Backpack.jpg

If you like this backpack, there is a newer version of it available here.

Last edited:
Back packs are so dorky and cumbersome. I just use a normal bag to carry the P4P, like a slightly larger gym bag

Back packs are so dorky and cumbersome. I just use a normal bag to carry the P4P, like a slightly larger gym bag

:eek: Haven't thought about using my Gym bag tbh.

Although not much protection there and difficult to organise your batteries and RC I guess? Or all fine?

:eek: Haven't thought about using my Gym bag tbh.

Although not much protection there and difficult to organise your batteries and RC I guess? Or all fine?

You can get cheap neoprene pockets for camera lenses and tablets off ebay for the loose things like batteries, controller, ipad etc. , then you can just chuck them in.

All the protection you need is for the gimbal so the original protector works well, if you have to, you can use a neoprene wrap around the AC

Modern Waist Trimmer Back Support Brace Neoprene Wrap Shaper Slimming Shirt | eBay

Last edited:
If I had to get a back pack I'd be getting the genuine DJI one, more compact and sleek

Atlas 24 hr backpack from lapg.com.

Attachments

• AB877978-4BA3-469C-A43F-F0D00EEE8F7F.jpeg
    AB877978-4BA3-469C-A43F-F0D00EEE8F7F.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 423
  • AD26ECE8-F00E-4831-8CF2-37E2598A673A.jpeg
    AD26ECE8-F00E-4831-8CF2-37E2598A673A.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 416
If I had to get a back pack I'd be getting the genuine DJI one, more compact and sleek

hmm... It does look smaller but for according to the specifications the Polarpro and the Manfrotto 3N1-36 are more compact.

hmm... It does look smaller but for according to the specifications the Polarpro and the Manfrotto 3N1-36 are more compact.

There are 2 different models of the same product, you'll notice in some pictures and videos the DJI Multifunction back pack has a different more beefy waist and shoulder straps , also this model is not as tall as the other one and there are differences in the internal padding design.

I rarely use a backpack. When I do though, I use my Think Tank Helipak (V1) backpack. It's customizable and is able to hold lots of gear.

View attachment 92988

If you like this backpack, there is a newer version of it available here.

Do you carry a dslr in your pack? Not sure if this is your photo or a stock image. I'm looking at the v2 and wondering if it'll carry a 5D IV and maybe one or two short lenses

I only have the V1. The interior of both backpacks is customizable, so you should be able to store any type of DSLR.

Cool, I've had a few think tank bags and really like them. It's just hard to gauge the actual size even after watching a few youtube videos on the bag. I'm starting to feel confident that I will be able to fit everything I need though.

This video might be helpful:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj