What are you going to sell now that the new DJI Mavic 3 / Phantom 5 is coming?

Reaction score
A long time ago I predicted the imminent next generation following the P4P 2.0
The Inspire 3 price will be beyond most of us. Anyway, for hobbyists it will be way too big to carry around. Even commercial
pilots I know, prefer the P4P.
I would never sell my Tello or Mavic Mini they are way too much fun and wouldn’t sell for much. For similar reasons I could not bring myself to sell my Phantom 3 Standard, I still love that bird.
The Mavic 2 Zoom will go on sale as soon as it is returned from DJI for misbehaving and I just never flew it much. The Mavic 2 is a brilliant drone, I just never took to it.
The P4P 2? I just don’t know. It has a lot of freedom that all DJI (big ones) from now on will not have. Besides the P4P 2.0 is an awesome drone, I love the quality of the camera and how I can move it around the sky, with a weight on it like a Lume Cube it moves so beautifully in the air, all grace and precision. But it’s so heavy, with 4 batteries, to carry on my old back. I may have to sell it, sadly because the replacement M2 / P4P will be a little more expensive, probably about:

“I would pay about 6-7,000 if I sold my other drones and put a bit more in.”

AU about $4,500 US
There is no way that DJI will not bring out of the closet what they have been developing for years after the announcement of the Autel Evo 2.
Just a feeling. Oh, and you are going to be blown away by how it looks. Just a feeling.

Reactions: THE WARRIK
I've been a big fan of my p3p but never upgraded for personal use due to the price. Depending how the market goes I plan on picking up a p4p when they become availible for 500-600. Gonna keep my spark as well, it's a blast to fly

A long time ago I predicted the imminent next generation following the P4P 2.0
The Inspire 3 price will be beyond most of us. Anyway, for hobbyists it will be way too big to carry around. Even commercial
pilots I know, prefer the P4P.
I would never sell my Tello or Mavic Mini they are way too much fun and wouldn’t sell for much. For similar reasons I could not bring myself to sell my Phantom 3 Standard, I still love that bird.
The Mavic 2 Zoom will go on sale as soon as it is returned from DJI for misbehaving and I just never flew it much. The Mavic 2 is a brilliant drone, I just never took to it.
The P4P 2? I just don’t know. It has a lot of freedom that all DJI (big ones) from now on will not have. Besides the P4P 2.0 is an awesome drone, I love the quality of the camera and how I can move it around the sky, with a weight on it like a Lume Cube it moves so beautifully in the air, all grace and precision. But it’s so heavy, with 4 batteries, to carry on my old back. I may have to sell it, sadly because the replacement M2 / P4P will be a little more expensive, probably about:

“I would pay about 6-7,000 if I sold my other drones and put a bit more in.”

AU about $4,500 US
There is no way that DJI will not bring out of the closet what they have been developing for years after the announcement of the Autel Evo 2.
Just a feeling. Oh, and you are going to be blown away by how it looks. Just a feeling.
Yep, when the Mavic 3 comes out, that's when your suppose to buy the Mavic 2.

That way you know it's been fully tested and all the reviews are in. Also, the price is down to where it should have been in the first place. ;)

I wish they would make a phantom with interchangeable lenses... I’ve had jobs where I would have loved to have wider shot...

I started with a P3 Std. Upgraded to a P4 Std. Just bought a P4P for the camera. It has about 2 hrs on it. Havent flown it yet because of high winds and storms. Will be selling my P4 Std.
In a couple of months will have the opportunity to buy a Mavic Pro "more pkg". Will keep the P4P for local flying, and the MP for traveling. Tired of lugging around the P4 through airports. The Mavic will be perfect in a backpack on my motorcycle too.
Will be interesting to actually compare the rock steady P4 to the Mavic. What I really need to do is get out there and fly more often! Am still amazed at the quality of the video and photos from my P4 Std. Come on nice weather, I want to fly my P4P!!

I started with a P3 Std. Upgraded to a P4 Std. Just bought a P4P for the camera. It has about 2 hrs on it. Havent flown it yet because of high winds and storms. Will be selling my P4 Std.
In a couple of months will have the opportunity to buy a Mavic Pro "more pkg". Will keep the P4P for local flying, and the MP for traveling. Tired of lugging around the P4 through airports. The Mavic will be perfect in a backpack on my motorcycle too.
Will be interesting to actually compare the rock steady P4 to the Mavic. What I really need to do is get out there and fly more often! Am still amazed at the quality of the video and photos from my P4 Std. Come on nice weather, I want to fly my P4P!!
I've been thinking about bring my phantom with me when I travel but haven't found very clear answers online. How do you travel with the phantom batteries? Do you check them with your luggage, do they need to be at a certain percentage?

Reactions: xspwhite
Definitely vocc77, take the batteries with you on the carry on and well insulated. If they find you have put them in the cargo you could be in very deep nasty stuff.
The aircraft is fine in the cargo, again no battery inside it. I have always taken four with me on with me and never an issue. I always put the P4P in the case and box it came with, then tell the staff at the airport it is a delicate drone and it goes on a seperate fragile section with big red "fragile" bands. When it arrives at the other end it will always be in a separate open box/tray. Never had one damage and many many flights. Happy flying for you and your drone :)
The batteries should be at 50% power but then never check I use them on the plane to charge my laptop, phone and stuff, there is a little adapter for usb charging.

Take your batteries in Lipo safe bags. Just Google and they are available everywhere. DO NOT PACK IN CHECKED LUGGAGE. Must be in your carry-on pack. I have flown several times and TSA never questioned me. First time I had a large hard case for the drone/accessories, with batteries in carry-on. Not comfortable with checking that big case. If lost, they will only pay for bag: contents unknown, so will be reimbursed for a fraction of what I have. Bags like that sometimes tend to to get "lost". I now have a larger backpack with everything in it as a carry-on. Now I have piece of mind.

John, I was with a Major airline and know how bags are treated. To get those bags on and off those planes, I assure you they do not look for fragile stickers. It amazes me the bags even get to their destination.

I've been thinking about bring my phantom with me when I travel but haven't found very clear answers online. How do you travel with the phantom batteries? Do you check them with your luggage, do they need to be at a certain percentage?
I have a P4 and have done some recent travels with it through airports. I have the backpack and airport security still wanted me to take the drone out of the pack even though it was open. The result was that not once but twice the drone got pulled from the bins because of the rubber curtains. The result didn’t harm the drone but the screeners aren’t gentle with them. My advice is to get a smaller drone like the M2P or the Evo2.

Mavic 3 ? No

P5 ? No

I'm happy with my P3P ... in fact I get bored with the DJI offerings as they are camera carriers only. I just cannot justify the prices asked ... I know techno is not cheap - but I'm a Hobbyist - therefore no intention to spend money on something that just carries a camera.

Unless there is a clear advantage to have remote ID, I'm not interested in the next generation DJI drones. However, if I could fly in national parks by getting a permit that's reasonable to apply for, I would consider it. However I don't see that happening anytime soon. I personally think the NPS should offer a monthly drone day in their parks, for Part 107 pilots, like the first Wednesday of the month, when there is the least people. I know, I know, it's not happening. I can always wish.

I wish they would make a phantom with interchangeable lenses... I’ve had jobs where I would have loved to have wider shot...

How about starting by explaining how you know there are P5s and M3 coming out soon.
I haven't seen any notification from DJi or even a credible rumour.
Just forum people talking about what they would like to see.

Unless there is a clear advantage to have remote ID, I'm not interested in the next generation DJI drones. However, if I could fly in national parks by getting a permit that's reasonable to apply for, I would consider it. However I don't see that happening anytime soon. I personally think the NPS should offer a monthly drone day in their parks, for Part 107 pilots, like the first Wednesday of the month, when there is the least people. I know, I know, it's not happening. I can always wish.
Nice thought. But the drone traffic on those days would be pretty dense. Would you fly if know that few dozen of drones are up in the air around?

Reactions: skymonkey
It would be really interesting why do you expect a P5 or a M3?
There are no official informations from DJI, there was nothing announced at the CES, so there are only rumors so far, but nothing more.
And they just re-released the P4P V2.0, so why should they release a P5 now?

Last edited:
Nice thought. But the drone traffic on those days would be pretty dense. Would you fly if know that few dozen of drones are up in the air around?

We have literally dozens of RC models in air at same time at shows ... and when the Drones take to the air - we have about 10 Phantoms and 5 or 6 Mavics ...

We have a group who have Angry Birds models cavorting ...

Very few collisions and NONE ever with the drones ...

Reactions: Adamborz
Interesting. How often a close fly by happen so the avoiding maneuver has to be done?

If you watch this ... about the 3 min mark - we have about 30 models all in the air doing our 'streamer' display ...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Its a standard act we do and we have odd mid-airs but consider the sort of flying and what we are doing - mid-airs are all part of the spectator fun - the kids are all waiting to see one ! With the DJI drones - the flying is far more sedate and TBH - rarely would you have so many in one place.

Reactions: WV. Rootman

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers