what are the chances of DJI fixing my drone under warranty

Reaction score
I honestly don't know if it was my error that it crashed or malfunction. I claimed that it seemed to me to be a malfunction and sent it back to DJI as it is still under warranty. What experiences have you had with DJI fixing it under warranty?

TIA

cc

Depends on the cause of the crash. Can you tell us what happened and upload your logs for us?

Hit or miss. We no next to nothing from what you posted. Could be 1 day old, could be 2 years old. No idea what you even think happen with it. Based on what you posted I'd say one of two things are possible. They fix it under warranty or they don't.

Reactions: Dronescuba
I'm sure I did something wrong... when I researched how to upload the DJI flight log, I followed the direction but it just looks like some type of code.

What happened was I got a low battery warning so I brought it in but it said I still had 36 % battery so I played around with it just a little more when it suddenly took off vertically. I had no control over it and it hit a tree and then crashed to the asphalt.

Reactions: Dronescuba
Hit or miss. We no next to nothing from what you posted. Could be 1 day old, could be 2 years old. No idea what you even think happen with it. Based on what you posted I'd say one of two things are possible. They fix it under warranty or they don't.
so so helpful. thanks.

Looks like you flew around until low battery (17%) triggered RTH. It returned and tried to land, but your Home Point was very close to, or under, a tree, which it hit at around 70 ft and tumbled to the ground. Does that sound correct?

As sar has said- the AC entered RTH due to battery level and the tree was in the way when it performed the initial ascent to RTH height. Warranty will not cover this. To answer your original question DJI should be expected (and it seems they do) cover issues under warranty that are demonstrated to be caused by their hardware/software.

Last 45 seconds of the flight showing RTH behavior and collision with the tree.

DJIFlightRecord_2017-09-08_[11-28-55]_01.png

As sar has said- the AC entered RTH due to battery level and the tree was in the way when it performed the initial ascent to RTH height. Warranty will not cover this. To answer your original question DJI should be expected (and it seems they do) cover issues under warranty that are demonstrated to be caused by their hardware/software.

That seems to be correct - the RTH altitude was set to 45 m and the aircraft behaved as programmed. RTH was initially triggered at 32% battery at 739 seconds, but then cancelled at 758 seconds by the user. It was initiated again at 17% due to critically low power, and did return to the home point, but hit the tree during autoland. DJI will most likely say that was user error to have the home point obstructed by a tree.

That seems to be correct - the RTH altitude was set to 45 m and the aircraft behaved as programmed. RTH was initially triggered at 32% battery at 739 seconds, but then cancelled at 758 seconds by the user. It was initiated again at 17% due to critically low power, and did return to the home point, but hit the tree during autoland. DJI will most likely say that was user error to have the home point obstructed by a tree.
It’s a long shot however it might be worth the OP applying some effort to evidencing where the collision occurred with reference to the active homepoint. If it’s a long way off he might have some arguing latitude with DJI (assuming It can be demonstrated the AC didn’t auto land before reaching the homepoint, and during RTH due to battery condition).

It’s a long shot however it might be worth the OP applying some effort to evidencing where the collision occurred with reference to the active homepoint. If it’s a long way off he might have some arguing latitude with DJI (assuming It can be demonstrated the AC didn’t auto land before reaching the homepoint, and during RTH due to battery condition).

According to the log data it was only 4 ft laterally from the HP, and 69 ft up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic