What am I doing wrong?

If a manufacturer sells a product and advertises specs the product should be capable of reaching the specs
This is completely true, however do you test the fact that a 2019 Corvette's top speed ( Per Spec's) is 210mph? I would suggest not. I believe this is what Skynet1 was referring to. These are "implied" but should be obtainable. Some spec's are just too risky to test by an individual.

Reactions: Jim Canada
This is completely true, however do you test the fact that a 2019 Corvette's top speed ( Per Spec's) is 210mph? I would suggest not. I believe this is what Skynet1 was referring to. These are "implied" but should be obtainable. Some spec's are just too risky to test by an individual.
I think most do. Till I got over 40, I tried to see what my cars and bikes would do.
One man near me does his vets max from the Capital to home. He is a big shot and dares anyone to pull him over. What’s on his license plate wards anyone off. That was in 1991.
On Hilton Head Island, I knew a guy (famous artist) that bought a Pantera that did 210 miles an hour. He said he bought the higher performance engine. Yep, he told me about his adventure going down the middle of HHI on a two lane road back then. Crazy and he passed a car!
I was eating breakfast with a cop friend. He got a call and told me he gave a wrong person a ticket. He had to tear it up.
Also, cops don’t give cops a speeding ticket! Fact!

We see, if people want more distance, they get range extenders.

This is a real world. If someone has power, most use it. Be it speed, muscle, money or politics.

I would say most fly their drones out to the max.

My P4p+ is,for me,a flying camera, and my best footage is always realized when my bird is in sight,using the different intelligent modes and various altitudes.

Of course I would , I’m actually looking into getting a 997 GT3 which I’ll take to its limit...

If a manufacturer sells a product and advertises specs the product should be capable of reaching the specs
DJI drones are capable of reaching (and exceeding) the distances advertised in the specs.
Plenty of flyers have tested them and found out.
But if you fly in a less than perfect location, your max range will be less.

I love looking at your ships. They are # one!
Get them while you can, before they claim you are a terrorist and you can't fly around them any more.
I'm flying all the state parks in WV. before they make them off limits.

Reactions: Meta4
Just curious, but how do you fly a distance of 2000m? I thought Transport Minister, Marc Garneau imposed a very strict "Line of Sight" and/or 500m restriction in Canada.

Bud
I believe that the USA is not governed by transport
minister Marc Garneau's ridiculous rules...;)

I was replying to the original poster, Timinator. His location is listed as Toronto, Canada, so it really has no bearing on what rules the USA goes by.

Bud

I believe that the USA is not governed by transport
minister Marc Garneau's ridiculous rules...;)

Looks like you have all the answers you need above. Summarised:
1) Interference; if possible take your P4P out "bush" as in, far away from any WIFI signals as possible
2) Antenna orientation (ensure it's pointed in general direction of aircraft
3) Try without flying between over/behind/around trees, buildings and other structures; an open area is perfect
4) Ensure your FW on RC and bird is up to date

See how it goes?

RoOSTA

Another thing to consider is time of day. I have been flying downtown in my area for several days at 3 different times. 9:30AM, 11:30AM, and 3:30 PM. It's amazing how much worse the reception is in the afternoon, with the added cell phones and devices competing for bandwidth. My FPV image goes to crap.very quickly, cutting the effective range in half.
Same exact mission every time (using Litchi).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair