what am i doing wrong

I did not see anything that was choppy. I viewed it on YT and turned the quality up to 1080.

Was the video taken from your SD card or your display device?

I did not see anything that was choppy. I viewed it on YT and turned the quality up to 1080.

Was the video taken from your SD card or your display device?
SD card sometimes it looks perfect and others not so much

here's another cut from the same video that the others came from . it looks like a strobe light is going off and focus seems out

I'm just a noob here, so my first question is are you using an ND Filter ( I still need to purchase some myself ) I can see the flash/flicker you describe. Also seems to be a bit of noise in the reflections from the land based objects.

just seem not in focus and seems to be flashing . here's one of my house same setting only it turned out great .
The second video is "unavailable". But you are not really answering any of the questions.

What camera settings are you using? Shutter speed, exposure, frame rate, ISO, what sharpness setting, etc.
What direction relative to the sun was the camera facing?
Are you using any filters?
What software are you using to edit the videos?

We are trying to help, but you need to provide some additional information.

It looks like you are some moire patterns which is too be expected over a surface like that especially if you aren't using a filter.

I'm just a noob here, so my first question is are you using an ND Filter ( I still need to purchase some myself ) I can see the flash/flicker you describe. Also seems to be a bit of noise in the reflections from the land based objects.
yes exactly what i'm seeing . just not up to date with video terminology . i am using a nd16 filter .

The second video is "unavailable". But you are not really answering any of the questions.

What camera settings are you using? Shutter speed, exposure, frame rate, ISO, what sharpness setting, etc.

It looks like you are some moire patterns which is too be expected over a surface like that especially if you aren't using a filter.
ok camera settings iso was i believe 80 shutter speed was 100 i believe . i'll really need to hook the drone up to see what setting are . the sun was to my left , nd16 filter and adobe premier elements software . i will check the setting on the drone to be sure but it will take an hour as i'm in the middle of a job right now . thanks for chiming in and i'll get you all correct info soon

lets see if this works

Prob just D-Log low contrast/compressed
not filming in d-log . was filming in vivid manual setting for shutter set at 80 iso set at 100 . may try to change those up . also filming in 1080p or 1920x1080 at 30fps. in 1080 it does give options of 24,30,48,60,and 120 fps . maybe i need to find the sweet spot there . i am very novice when it comes to cameras and setting so it's all a learning experience. it just sucks to get great footage of things only to see the final product sub-par

Use a shutter speed of 60 if you are shooting at 30fps.

You want your EV value to be 0 or very close to it. Check your EV when you are beginning your flight. You said that you are using an ND16 filter. Was that choice based on the exposure or just a random selection?

Don't use Vivid. Keep the ISO at 100. Check your sharpness setting. Check your White Balance.

Also, if you are looking for suggestions on improving your videos, work on slowing down your panning movements so that they are smoother. There was a lot of quick side to side movements. Try to avoid those. Slow down. Turn slowly. Also, work on your composition. Think about your shots in advance. Imagine what you want them to look like. Then fly your Phantom in manner to achieve those shots.

Use a shutter speed of 60 if you are shooting at 30fps.

You want your EV value to be 0 or very close to it. Check your EV when you are beginning your flight. You said that you are using an ND16 filter. Was that choice based on the exposure or just a random selection?

Don't use Vivid. Keep the ISO at 100. Check your sharpness setting. Check your White Balance.

Also, if you are looking for suggestions on improving your videos, work on slowing down your panning movements so that they are smoother. There was a lot of quick side to side movements. Try to avoid those. Slow down. Turn slowly. Also, work on your composition. Think about your shots in advance. Imagine what you want them to look like. Then fly your Phantom in manner to achieve those shots.
Thanks . i'll try those suggestions . most of my set up is random . so i'll pay closer attention . i agree on the movements and try to make it smooth . but chasing the dolphins was a bit of a challenge .
on the sharpness is a a general setting ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl