What’s the value for agents

You get a whole new perspective from the air. Even a few feet up gives a much better overview of the property.

But you've got to sell yourself, your services, and the end product to the client. Most REA know the value of Aerial Images but many aren't willing to pay the $$.

Being a small business owner is a LOT marketing.

Most agents are shooting property with their cell phones. What is the true value of aerial photography for the real estate agent?
It depends on the property, what it has and what can/can't be shown from the ground.
If they are selling something like this 85 acre property with views forever, you can't show it in one hero shot on the ground.
Aerial is what they need as bait to bring in the buyers.
DJI_0665aa-X2.jpg

But for lots of cheaper properties there's little extra value in having an aerial perspective.
What pitch has worked for you guys
None ..the bottom fell out of real estate for me early this year.
They either are too cheap to use aerials, do it themselves or get some cheapster to do it for almost nothing.
My last call from an agent was 6 months ago.

We do RE Aerials every day and our listing $$ range from $15K up to $5M (so far that's our largest single RE listing). A few months ago a REA started his own Aerials business and he undercut my prices by a min of 1/2 on every job that he did and he did NO editing and delivered the goods in the field as-is. I talked with him and explained that we have lots of expenses etc and cutting the price would do nothing but hurt our industry.

Well he crashed his UAS into an client's home and when he was done paying for the repairs etc he closed up shop. He realized that doing a shoot for $100 didn't pay any "real" bills and he was just operating a hobby that paid some. Since then I've been hired to re-shoot several of his (at my FULL price) and we are fortunate enough to be booked solid through October 31st right now.

Last edited:
He realized that doing a shoot for $100 didn't pay any "real" bills and he was just operating a hobby that paid some.
I agree. There is no way to make profit at that price level. The problem is that few REAs appreciate the value of a good picture ( e.g. HDR+ PS editing). I would say that we are justified when we have a great lot with views or lake front. Otherwise, they will go with the iPhone 7 plus with a wide angle lens.
back high 830-HDR.jpg

I’m an agent and I shoot/ edit my own listings. Since Buyers want to see more than just the home, I incorporate a series of shots that can be edited to the final movie, I.e. neighborhood highlights, pools, trails, play areas, community centers, then, the elem/ jr high/ HS, then some details on the home.
You can keep a folder of the local schools and various neighborhood highlights and then incorporate the simple home shot in the end.

I’m an agent and I shoot/ edit my own listings. Since Buyers want to see more than just the home, I incorporate a series of shots that can be edited to the final movie, I.e. neighborhood highlights, pools, trails, play areas, community centers, then, the elem/ jr high/ HS, then some details on the home.
You can keep a folder of the local schools and various neighborhood highlights and then incorporate the simple home shot in the end.

I love that. A sizzle collection of b-roll of the town and facilities. I maybe incorporate (steal) that idea. Right now I charge between $150 and $400 for a variety of photos (REALTOR and pro photog), but having a sizzle clip to sell broker offices would be sweet and I could probably charge the office $5000 for a two or three-minute clip. Could personalize it/brand it for each brokerage and create one for all five local companies. LOVE THIS!!! Thanks.

Do you get ground footage or are you flying your phantom over the schools? Please share Youtube link of one of your videos

Reactions: realestatephotopro
Most agents are shooting property with their cell phones. What is the true value of aerial photography for the real estate agent?

What pitch has worked for you guys

It helps sell faster! imagine houses as cereal boxes. Do you look at the plane white one with black text or the colorful vibrant one?

***Ad removed***

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
It helps sell faster! imagine houses as cereal boxes. Do you look at the plane white one with black text or the colorful vibrant one?

Good luck!

Have you ever measured the time you filmed the house and the time it had an offer

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you commercial part 107 licensed?

I love that. A sizzle collection of b-roll of the town and facilities. I maybe incorporate (steal) that idea. Right now I charge between $150 and $400 for a variety of photos (REALTOR and pro photog), but having a sizzle clip to sell broker offices would be sweet and I could probably charge the office $5000 for a two or three-minute clip. Could personalize it/brand it for each brokerage and create one for all five local companies. LOVE THIS!!! Thanks.
Have you pasted your commercial part 107 licensed you were studying for??

Check me out. Real estate photography and drone services located in Myrtle Beach http://www.thedoneestate.com

Good luck!
I checked it out. Looks very professional. You are commercial part 107 licensed?

Are you asking this of anyone specifically? I'm licensed part 107, yes.
I was wondering. A friend wanted me to do his wedding and I'm not part 107. I wanted to see if big companies flew without being part 107. I'm not sure I'm going to do is wedding. I would do it for free because I am his buddy. But I know the rules.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav