Wet water recovery

Silica Gel - you can buy it 1Kg sacks. That's the most efficient method of drying stuff - put the drone in a sealed container (or plastic bag) with it and leave it a couple of days.

This is the current setup. I’m st a camp so later today I’ll get a t6 and do this properly. Also one is blowing one is sucking

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 508
Silica Gel - you can buy it 1Kg sacks. That's the most efficient method of drying stuff - put the drone in a sealed container (or plastic bag) with it and leave it a couple of days.
Just a footnote; I used silica gel as part in making insulation for a forge. It can be expensive. A type of cat litter is 100% silica gel. Much cheaper and quick to get.
Sorry, can’t remember the brand.

Reactions: Droner66
Just keep it in front of those fans for a week non stop just to be safe as long as you don’t fire it up before it’s dyed out it will be fine

I like oats too much to waste them. lol. Sitting in my ac with a wind tunnel fan on it. Amazing how little water got in.

I have to give a big thank you to State Farm. I had an inland marine replacement policy on my P3P. $50 a year for $1200 replacement cost. Even though I bought my UAV used they wanted to know what the original cost was new and any accessories I had on it. Long story short they are sending me a check for $1200. I'm not plugging SF. It's just nice to see that level of customer service.

Reactions: Neon Euc
rice is good at drawing moisture out
This is completely false. Rice can not pull moisture out of the air. It has to contact water to absorb it. Have you notice rice is not in an air tight bag and doesn't magically soak up water from the faucet when it gets placed near it ?
This whole rice thing is an internet myth that has been disproven time after time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164