Well it's arrived and fitted in half an hour

Has anyone else received this antenna kit and have any testing feedback? I haven't received mine yet, but I'm certainly a bit uneasy about it if it may be more of a detriment than a benefit.

Well I want to say that I found something when I took it back apart and reconnected everything and made sure they were tight. Still not getting better Wifi Signal quality at my house that I was hoping for. I will do another Long distance test here in a bit. Will see if I can figure out anything that is causing it to not work as well as stock antennas.

I went with the dbsmod I know it works only a couple of people have posted pics of the flights and none have had great distance, Clarky if your there we are still waiting for the 1500m pic

well I get 1000m normally in a fairly open space (CE mode) so would want to get a significant jump up from this.

Has anyone else received this antenna kit and have any testing feedback? I haven't received mine yet, but I'm certainly a bit uneasy about it if it may be more of a detriment than a benefit.
+1 starting to feel uneasy as well [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Alright test #3 for distance, got 3400 Feet before it dropped signal for RC video never dropped. I think there might be something interfering with it. As I got closer to one area I was flying in at about 1000ft I went down to 1 bar of RC but once I moved away from it it came back up to full strength. Gonna look at my logs and see what they have to say.

They do seem a bit sensitive to interference. My house wifi was set to the immediately adjacent wifi channel for 2.4 GHz. Since we can't change the wifi channel on our P3Ss (ugh!!), I switched the wifi channel on my router and immediately starting getting better range for the video signal. Your situation seems a bit different, though, as you lost the 5.8 GHz signal, which isn't as common of a carrier frequency. I'm certainly interested in what you end up with if you are in an isolated area without interference. Out of curiosity, at what altitude are you flying?

I am waiting for mine as well. It looks like it was shipped prior to the Chinese New Year but the tracking info doesn't give me much to go on. So I wait.

Edit: Just checked and it is in Chicago - I live in the suburbs.........maybe by Wednesday! Suppose to be very cold though! Arg!

I got mine in the mail today but due to the weather it might be another week or so before I am able to fly to see if it was worth it . As far as installing it it was actually pretty easy especially after watching the video just a couple of times , it took 30 minutes at max.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am waiting for mine as well. It looks like it was shipped prior to the Chinese New Year but the tracking info doesn't give me much to go on. So I wait.

Edit: Just checked and it is in Chicago - I live in the suburbs.........maybe by Wednesday! Suppose to be very cold though! Arg!

Mines been in chicago since monday of last week :(

Mine came in the mail today. No time to install it tonight. I am thinking of putting together an English language video of how to install it. It looks pretty straight forward after watching the video and a few of my questions answered here. If I have any questions hope that those of you that have installed it don't mind me PMing you. A lot of great people on this forum, I have learned a lot from the posts and answers.

Yeah it took me all about 20 minutes, the hardest part was getting the silicone glue off the connections. Once that was done, easy peasy to finish getting it back together.

The one I ordered two weeks ago still appears to be in Taiwan, according to the tracking. Could be a long wait yet before I get to try it out.

Scott - please share your findings as soon as you have things up and running.

Mine came in the mail today. No time to install it tonight. I am thinking of putting together an English language video of how to install it. It looks pretty straight forward after watching the video and a few of my questions answered here. If I have any questions hope that those of you that have installed it don't mind me PMing you. A lot of great people on this forum, I have learned a lot from the posts and answers.
Please do pm, more than happy to help out.

Is there a version of this for the p3p? The photos here seem to be of either a p2 or p3s controller. Just want to confirm distance from someone that bought it for a p3p.

I am about to go dbs but if I can avoid modifying the controller I would. I don't plan to test bat limits.

Anyone try on p3p?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor