Well it happened

Flyer91 said:
The post above is IMHO: an example of something helpful.
The Phantom does not fly off GPS when in IOC.
It (as scrandall25 wrote) flies off the compass, so that is something that needs to be comprehended.
You are giving WRONG information and are part of the problem instead of the solution.
IOC is (intelligent orientation control) uses BOTH compass and gps in unison.
Please reframe from giving FALSE or uninformed information.
GoodGame
"IOC FLYING NOTES!!!
Home lock flying requires that 6 or more GPS satellites are found and the aircraft is further than 10m away from the home point.
Before you do the home lock flight, you have to fly the aircraft out of the 10m range around home point, and then flip the switch S2 to Home Lock position to fly in home lock when all the requirements are met. If you have already toggled the switch S2 to Home Lock position when the aircraft is still in 10m range around home point, and this is the first time you are going to fly in home lock during the current flight, then if all the requirements are met, MC will change into home lock automatically when quad-rotor flies out the 10m range around home point.
When you are flying in home lock mode, if the aircraft is back into the 10m range around home point, or you switch into ATTI. Mode, or the GPS signal becomes weak, MC will fly in course lock by the current forward direction automatically. But this forward direction is NOT the recorded forward direction. If you open the course lock now, MC will fly in course lock still by the earlier recorded forward direction.
When quad-rotor is flying by home lock far away from you and the home point, please do not toggle the IOC switch many times quickly so as to avoid the change of home point without your attention."

Skipholiday said:
Flyer91 said:
It (as scrandall25 wrote) flies off the compass, so that is something that needs to be comprehended.
You are giving WRONG information and are part of the problem instead of the solution.
GoodGame
"IOC FLYING NOTES!!!
Home lock flying requires that 6 or more GPS satellites are found and the aircraft is further than 10m away from the home point.
Before you do the home lock flight, you have to fly the aircraft out of the 10m range around home point, and then flip the switch S2 to Home Lock position to fly in home lock when all the requirements are met. If you have already toggled the switch S2 to Home Lock position when the aircraft is still in 10m range around home point, and this is the first time you are going to fly in home lock during the current flight, then if all the requirements are met, MC will change into home lock automatically when quad-rotor flies out the 10m range around home point.
When you are flying in home lock mode, if the aircraft is back into the 10m range around home point, or you switch into ATTI. Mode, or the GPS signal becomes weak, MC will fly in course lock by the current forward direction automatically. But this forward direction is NOT the recorded forward direction. If you open the course lock now, MC will fly in course lock still by the earlier recorded forward direction.
When quad-rotor is flying by home lock far away from you and the home point, please do not toggle the IOC switch many times quickly so as to avoid the change of home point without your attention."

No, the phantom flies off the compass in IOC course lock.
In fact .... if it needed GPS .... IOC would not work in Atti at all because Atti doesn't use GPS
That's the whole point of Atti.
See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyMIwvmcnDE

So ... take your own advise in what you should and shouldn't post. :lol:

Flyer91 said:
Skipholiday said:
Flyer91 said:
GoodGame
"IOC FLYING NOTES!!!

No, the phantom flies off the compass in IOC course lock.
In fact .... if it needed GPS .... IOC would not work in Atti at all because Atti doesn't use GPS
That's the whole point of Atti.
See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyMIwvmcnDE

So ... take your own advise in what you should and shouldn't post. :lol:
you must be the 50 year old virgin I have heard of. :-/ If you know anything or have read what I posted from DJI or even your own video referenced works. Are you a troll? You do not own a phantom and obviously have no clue what your talking about and continue to give false made up information. What gives? Why are you here? You have (according to you) purchased two Phantoms and sent them both back. Do you not have a life? Please read before giving false information. You could cause someone to crash there bird. What a shame.

IOC Home lock needs compass and GPS
IOC Course lock needs compass only i.e it can be used in atti mode

xgeek said:

Exactly.
Give that man a cigar!! ;)

Too bad that some other people .... that I won't name (skipholiday) ...... can't follow the flow of the subject, or connect the dots of the current topic, and worse ....... are so immature that they feel the need to get personal, turn off their minds, and learn nothing.
BetterGame! :lol:

Okay when I open up "Find My Phantom" it shows this

I'm thinking it would be less of a hassle to just order a new one rather than try to find it now.

Attachments

• misfits.jpg
    misfits.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 332
Flyer91 said:
xgeek said:

Exactly.
He knew partly what's up, you had no clue!

An important thing to note is that in atti: mode flight control uses the compass for piloting but gps still recorded your home point (if you followed proper procedures)..
if you need RTH (return to home) failsafe (if enabled S1 down) or power down your controller and your phantom will return to your recorded gps location!

Skipholiday said:
Flyer91 said:
xgeek said:

Exactly.
He knew partly what's up, you had no clue!

An important thing to note is that in atti: mode flight control uses the compass for piloting but gps still recorded your home point (if you followed proper procedures)..
if you need RTH (return to home) failsafe (if enabled S1 down) or power down your controller and your phantom will return to your recorded gps location!

He (and I) knew exactly, and fully what's up.
I specifically said that it flies off compass in course lock after you said it did not, and needed compass 'and' GPS for both.
Then you replied with "age specific" insults ... as is your sole forte ... and more comments indicating that that specific (and correct) information was going to cause somebody to crash.

Seems you're 'duh' one that's half-assed and clueless. :lol:
Go away little boy, and come back when 'you' know what you are talking about.

Ind.te="xgeek"]IOC Home lock needs compass and GPS
IOC Course lock needs compass only i.e it can be used in atti mode[/quote]

I'm not sure if that makes sense. When you are flying in course lock I think it does need both. If not when you're flying in a direction based on course lock it would be drifting with the wind, in my experience it does not do that. For example if you set your forward course 90 degrees to the wind and you fly straight ahead it does not drift with the wind, it will fly a straight path. if it uses compass only it would drift down wind.

Please refer to page 17 of the Naza manual that explains both modes. I have highlighted in yellow the requirements for both HL and CL.

If in GPS mode then of course CL takes advantage of the GPS to keep the Phantom stable in a hover, but CL can also work in just atti mode without GPS assistance. HL only works in GPS mode.

Attachments

• 2014-06-04_21-42-23.jpeg
    2014-06-04_21-42-23.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 310
thank you, not sure why the other guy keeps posting. He doesn't own a Phantom, if he was attempting to learn it would be one thing but he gives advice on things he has no eXperience with. I have 2 Phantoms (Vision and Vision+ plus and 3 other UAV's. I get frustrated when people give uninformed advice!
xgeek said:
Please refer to page 17 of the Naza manual that explains both modes. I have highlighted in yellow the requirements for both HL and CL.

If in GPS mode then of course CL takes advantage of the GPS to keep the Phantom stable in a hover, but CL can also work in just atti mode without GPS assistance. HL only works in GPS mode.

Skipholiday said:
thank you, not sure why the other guy keeps posting. He doesn't own a Phantom, if he was attempting to learn it would be one thing but he gives advice on things he has no eXperience with. I have 2 Phantoms (Vision and Vision+ plus and 3 other UAV's. I get frustrated when people give uninformed advice!
xgeek said:

I think you just plain didn't follow the flow of the conversation when we started talking about the compass.
You totally missed the context of my 'most critical situation' reply WRT: the need for cûompass calibration, and then took off on a your tantrum where "you gotta save the world" with only half the correct info.

Admittedly, I should not have assumed that when saying the Phantom flies off the compass in IOC mode that you would not understand the context of the worse case scenario that demands a good compass calibration if using IOC, as that is were the tread was headed at that time.
And that was my fault too.

But even when I corrected your post, and 'specifically' stated in my reply (to your caustic reply) that "IOC course lock flies off the compass", you obviously 'still' didn't comprehend .... possibly in your 'anger' you might have missed that, and were so hot to trot to insult me ..... not unlike a little *****. :lol:

The information that the Phantom flies off the compass in IOC in the context of the thread flow, and as later specifically stated by myself, as well as xgeek, and as referenced to the post made by scrandall25 is in fact correct ...... and what you posted "IOC is (intelligent orientation control) uses BOTH compass and gps in unison" is 'in itself' not complete and not correct ...... and you have still not yet corrected yourself and posted the right information.

I have flown RC since '76, and have worked in electronics for my career (I'm retired now) and posses a General level FCC license (which is the second highest level license).
I have over the past year, owned 4 Phantoms (of which only 3 really count, as one arrived with parts missing).
You already know that.
I am currently Phantomless, and waiting for them to be less a luck of the draw.
You also know that.
What you didn't know was how IOC works.
I'm gad we cleared that up for ya kiddo.
Just go back through the thread and see where ya read it first! :lol:

P.S. You are welcome. ;)

tizzl10 said:
lol. comedy.

Yes, yes .... I'll be here all week ..... try the veal!! ;)

I like the long distance viddys you posted Jay.
2 miles +!! :eek:
Makes me wanna jump back in right now!!

Lots of good stuff for the Phantom, and more reports of no problems, are showing up.
I just need to see less real/credible problems, and more success stories to do it all again.
I do think that 'will' eventually happen. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4