Aggressive drifting, aircraft disconnected, compass error, gps data exception

Hello all,
I can't say how many times I've read various concerns regarding those who have upgraded to a new firmware only to then report negative results, while others not so much. However, reading post #17 by DroneB made me think further. I'm certainly by no stretch of the imagination an authority in this area, but that particular posting made me think back to what was once suggested as a prerequisite to performing a firmware change. It was strongly suggested that you first format the SD card within the model before upgrading to a new firmware. To maximize success in this regard, this should be accomplished via the App. to essentially wipe clean any previous information which may then corrupt the new firmware version being downloaded.
I believe the steps DroneB performed to negate his issue was to wipe the slate clean and begin once again, a good move, but simply formatting the SD card first may accomplish the same results
As a matter of curiosity if there are any pilots contemplating an upgrade and would be willing to simply format the SD card beforehand via the Go App. It certainly wouldn't do any harm, and MAY hopefully alleviate many of the issues experienced.
Just reaching for the stars here. :)
As another POI, and once the download is completed, be sure to follow thru with other suggested download recommendations, eg.
1. Restart the radio controller & model.
2. Perform all necessary calibrations. eg. IMU, radio, camera, compass. etc.
All the best, and please feel free to make any further suggestions, or thoughts you may personally have to help alleviate this troubling process.
That is good to know. I'm pretty sure I did format the SD card with the Go4 app before the disastrous flight as I have it on my pre-flight checklist to format it before every flight. That was a tip on some previous forum and I've made it standard practice. It's a great way to verify the SD card is connected and working. Will definitely continue to do that.

I agree, clearing any programs running in the background, cached flight routes etc. can't hurt, but I'm not entirely sure if what you had done, and what I've suggested in my post are exactly the same if I understand your post correctly.
While formatting the SD card prior to flight may be a positive suggestion, I was referring to formatting the card prior to downloading a new firmware version, and again that may have been something you had done, and pointed out in your last post, but I'm simply misinterpreting. : ) If you can clarify that would clear things up for me. lol Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi guys. It was almost almost 2 months ago since I had this problem with my P4P. Numerous attempts by my supplier, local service provider also couldn't find what's wrong with it. So my supplier flown to go directly to the manufacturer and ask them to fix it. They tested it first and crashed it and they were sure something went haywire inside. I got the whole bottom parts of my P4P replaced with a new one; new cam new aerial new gimbal new everything except for the top parts. Now it's good as new. Idk what really went wrong. But it's all good now

Hi guys. It was almost almost 2 months ago since I had this problem with my P4P. Numerous attempts by my supplier, local service provider also couldn't find what's wrong with it. So my supplier flown to go directly to the manufacturer and ask them to fix it. They tested it first and crashed it and they were sure something went haywire inside. I got the whole bottom parts of my P4P replaced with a new one; new cam new aerial new gimbal new everything except for the top parts. Now it's good as new. Idk what really went wrong. But it's all good now
Nice result. Too bad it took so long

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31