Well it had to happen my P2V landed in the water.

Reaction score
It has now happened to me after 18 months of flying my F2V i was filming some jet ski at my local dam and for no apparent reason it just decided to land on the water. I had 69% battery, 8 satellites and my take off point (home point) was on dry land. A friend of mine was watching my smartphone screen and he verified that I had plenty of battery and good wifi signal at the time of the crash. He also verified that I let go of the controls while I watched in amazement as my P2V slowly landed in the water.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Yep, your not alone, Dji batteries will auto land once the system sees the voltage drop below a set amount usually 15%, however I have a battery that goes into auto land at 50%, I've done a full drain full recharge twice with no difference at all, I had no previous issues with it until that day it auto landed at 50%, no warning from the app about low battery either. It's now a test battery and has been replaced.
Sorry your quad got wet though.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Wow, no. Did you launch on a fully charged battery?

Did you recover the P2V?

No it is in 8 metres of water. I have the coordinates and will keep an eye on the dam levels throughout our summer.

Yes I launched on a full battery. Somebody did suggest that you need to clean the battery contacts with alcohol from
time to time to make sure there's good contact other wise it thinks that the battery might be flat and land.

Yep, your not alone, Dji batteries will auto land once the system sees the voltage drop below a set amount usually 15%, however I have a battery that goes into auto land at 50%, I've done a full drain full recharge twice with no difference at all, I had no previous issues with it until that day it auto landed at 50%, no warning from the app about low battery either. It's now a test battery and has been replaced.
Sorry your quad got wet though.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks for the RIP. I deciding now whether to buy a P4Pro or the Mavik or maybe go to another company.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20