well i did some mods.......BUT....WARNING!!!!!!!

Reaction score
i just got done with some of my first DJI phantom 1 mods, and "DONT dly in small areas with over heads"
so if you want to watch a "Stupid noob move"" here is a video

dual output 4.0 multistar batteries
9" fusuno props
9" prop guards
lipo transmitter batteries......................(waist of *&^%$# money)............dont last, and no warning beep.....just dies

TO ALL NOOBS WITH PHANTOMS>>>>>>>>>>>>> the go home also means the phantom goes UP 20 Meters before coming home...ARG!!!!!!

Hi Cruzroy, I just watched your video and you were very lucky that you didn't get more damage or even injured.
I would suggest just sticking with regular alkaline batteries in the transmitter. They really do last a long time. That's what I use with my Phantom 1.

One suggestion when using two on board batteries on the Phantom. Connect the Y cable to both batteries before connecting to the internal T60 connector. I also fly with two externally mounted batteries and by connecting to the internal connector last will keep from having a voltage surge. I used my Dremel Tool to cut the battery compartment door so the cables fit nicely inside. I use carbon fiber 9" props on my Phantom and like them very much. This helps keep the added weight of the 2nd battery from causing the Phantom to lose altitude, especially when I have my Go Pro camera mounted.

As I watched the video, I became concerned when seeing how close the trees and building was. I guess I don't have to say much about finding a more open space for flying.
Good luck on the next flights and should you still want a rechargible battery for the transmitter, choose nicads instead. Or just use alkaline and check their voltage every other flight or two. They should be at least 1.35-1.40 minimum voltage for a safe flight.

Fly safe!
Jim B.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez