Weird litchi mission

Reaction score
Did a mission today
Strange thing the phantom went into a spin all the way until mission was complete
Than I did a second mission a bit shorter same thing happend again
Almost looked like a compass problem but did not get any warnings
However I used a STROBON Cree light attached to the leg
Maybe that’s the problem
Any ideas
Trying to upload the video

Metal near the compass could interfere with it, or mabey the Phantom just wanted to square dance.

Remove the light and fly that same mission. If the rotating stops, you'll know what caused it.

247807dc7ba8556645550e7fd695b0ef.jpg
96c806c3abcaedc7119339b556b6f9d0.jpg

As for the spinning do you have any points of interest added to the mission? The drone will keep looking at it until it gets a certain distance. If you have a few points of interest on the mission maybe that's what is causing it to constantly spin. When it goes past one point of interest it will do it again on the way back looking in that direction

Hm I did add quite a few good point have to check it out
Only thing is first time it happend
Doubt that it would be the strobon LEDs as I run two of them all the time with no ill effect. If you have POIs, do you have your gimbal pitch mode switched to Focus POI?

Can’t remember as I panicked deleted and reinstalled litchi
What’s the setting should be ?
My missions are mostly curved turns with three or four POIs. Gimbal Pitch Mode is Focus POI. Even with straight lines and I pause to take a photo, I leave the GPM the same.

Hi tevek
Thanks for assuring me about the strobon lights as I absolute love them
I think I might stuffed up something in the setting
I know that I wanted not to use interpolate
I think I went to gimbal pitch disabled
All trial and error at least I dident crash
Thanks again

Weird because it doesnt always spin, you had it flying normal in close proximity.

Here's a thought. If it stays true on course through a mission then it isn't compass. It would have to be heading mis-setting or glitch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez