Weak video feed after update

Reaction score
Sorry if this was posted already, but I’m having trouble with a weak video signal now that I’ve updated my P3A. Has anyone ever had this problem and can it be fixed somehow?

Last edited:
Reactions: fancymark
I've also made a video on how to block DJI from demanding an update. This was done on a Nvidia shield, but should also work on other android based systems

I did try re-linking and your right, I’ve owned my bird for well over a year, flew amazing when I put it away. I won’t get into why I haven’t flown it in 6 months but anyway I updated and it sucks. I’ll try what you mentioned. I have s different account that won’t let me post anymore for whatever reason. Thanks for the info [emoji106]

DJI has removed all but the latest.
A quick FYI - As far as I know you can still download many of the older FW versions directly from DJI by following the links in this post.
I just spot checked about 50% of them to be sure the downloads started. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Numone
I haven't flown my P3 Pro for about a year. After upgrading the firmware today I'm in the same situation as the OP -- the video feed is so bad that it is literally useless. I'll try the suggestions above but as I've also been away from the forums I wonder if this is a widespread issue or just random? I used to brag about the video feed on this quad but now it is a joke!

what kind of feed issues are you guys having? I just bought a P3P running 1.10.90 AC, 1.8.0 RC , and go app 3.1.8 sometimes the screen will pixilate badly if I unplug the link cable and re-plug it, it works fine for awhile. I'm running a new Tab S3 That I stripped down to bare bones got rid of everything that wasn't required to run the tab and it works flawlessly with my P34K and P3S. I was wondering if it was the little adapter I have to use to take the connector from micro USB to C Class could be a problem I ordered a cable with a direct C Class end to try out I got it in 12" which was the smallest I could find

what kind of feed issues are you guys having? I just bought a P3P running 1.10.90 AC, 1.8.0 RC , and go app 3.1.8 sometimes the screen will pixilate badly if I unplug the link cable and re-plug it, it works fine for awhile. I'm running a new Tab S3 That I stripped down to bare bones got rid of everything that wasn't required to run the tab and it works flawlessly with my P34K and P3S. I was wondering if it was the little adapter I have to use to take the connector from micro USB to C Class could be a problem I ordered a cable with a direct C Class end to try out I got it in 12" which was the smallest I could find

I actually get a weak vid transmission warning [emoji615]️
I ordered a new cable to see if that makes a difference, I’m running on iOS. I may try re-linking the RC again to see if that helps. After the update I had to re-link the RC, after I did that the vid problem started.

Reactions: epicdoom
Do you know how to downgrade firmware on the P3 Pro remote?
I have done it on the P34K by putting the firmware I wanted on the SD card and removing the one I don't want. I put it in the drone then power everything up wait for the app camera button to turn blue indicating everything is linked and ready to go don't press the camera button, instead look in the top right corner press and hold the 3 slashes a new screen will open with a dropdown menu the new firmware and last firmware should be displayed there select the one you want and off you go. sometimes the firmware you want to revert back to doesn't show if that happens go ahead and press the blue camera button and it should load up as normal and prompt you to update the firmware from there

Ended up being a bad cable, I flew this afternoon without an issue after changing that out. No other problems noted on the updated firmware, I had good range and all. Looks to be a winner so far.

Reactions: epicdoom
Ended up being a bad cable, I flew this afternoon without an issue after changing that out. No other problems noted on the updated firmware, I had good range and all. Looks to be a winner so far.
Awesomeness Im waiting on my cable so hopefully that my problem

I have done it on the P34K by putting the firmware I wanted on the SD card and removing the one I don't want. I put it in the drone then power everything up wait for the app camera button to turn blue indicating everything is linked and ready to go don't press the camera button, instead look in the top right corner press and hold the 3 slashes a new screen will open with a dropdown menu the new firmware and last firmware should be displayed there select the one you want and off you go. sometimes the firmware you want to revert back to doesn't show if that happens go ahead and press the blue camera button and it should load up as normal and prompt you to update the firmware from there
I'm talking about the RC

After this latest update I'm getting the "strong interference" warning and scrambled video on my Android device. I get the same message on my iPad but the video is fine. Something in this last update caused these issues as they were not there before the update.

After this latest update I'm getting the "strong interference" warning and scrambled video on my Android device. I get the same message on my iPad but the video is fine. Something in this last update caused these issues as they were not there before the update.

There is problems and issues with practically every update DJI sends. There support is just about as useless as them. I've had every problem imaginable, some I have been able to fix by rolling back to previous versions and other tweaks but seriously you shouldn't have to do so much screwing around to get it to work properly. DJI is a big POS. I am hoping I can offload this crap and buy a quad that actually works and doesn't have a guy constantly scouring the internet looking for fixes. Luckily their product sucks so much lots of people have the same issues so you are usually ok and will find numerous others that have likely already fixed or discussing a similar problem.

Well from what I have seen and dealt with the 1.11 firmware is plagued with all kinds of issues from video feed to Compass not working right , weak signal, heavy interference. I'm going to try to downgrade back to 1.10 . 9, the only problem is I also come to understand once you upgrade to 1.11 there is something in the firmware that will not allow you to downgrade. I will try to let you guys know what happens with the downgrade.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl