Weak signal after 635ft height

D

DrewFlies

Switched the limit to 350 meters. Pushed it up to 600 ft. At 600 ft I was getting weak signal warning on and off. At 635 ft I got weak signal warnings that wouldn't go away. Chickened out and pressed RTH.

How are you guys pushing your P3s to 1,400 ft + height. I really don't care to go that high anymore. Theres not too much to look at it. But, I'm curious if I have a problem with my antennas or something.

same here, i told myself its probably something to do with FAA and air space. curious to know as well

same here, i told myself its probably something to do with FAA and air space. curious to know as well

More than likely you were not pointing the antennas correctly.

Reactions: johnnyu
Had antennas point exactly the way they should be as manual and videos describe. I don't think 635 ft was the limit. However, I was receiving weak signal warning. I didn't lose control at any moment. I just got scared I was going to so I hit RTH. My P3 probably could have went way over 635ft even after the weak signal warning. But, I don't understand how you guys got your p3 to go 1,400 Ft +

Thats not how you're supposed to have your antennas pointed flying high and little distance.

I dont want to be rude but before you start flying this high you really need to understand things a little better. Keep it under 400' anyways, please.

Had antennas point exactly the way they should be as manual and videos describe. I don't think 635 ft was the limit. However, I was receiving weak signal warning. I didn't lose control at any moment. I just got scared I was going to so I hit RTH. My P3 probably could have went way over 635ft even after the weak signal warning. But, I don't understand how you guys got your p3 to go 1,400 Ft +

Read the manual then you will know what the limit is.

Thats not how you're supposed to have your antennas pointed flying high and little distance.

I dont want to be rude but before you start flying this high you really need to understand things a little better. Keep it under 400' anyways, please.

Like I said, I don't plan on going that high again as the weak signal warning scared me. I'm more afraid that I have problems with my antennas that may lead to a crash in the future.

Switched the limit to 350 meters. Pushed it up to 600 ft. At 600 ft I was getting weak signal warning on and off. At 635 ft I got weak signal warnings that wouldn't go away. Chickened out and pressed RTH.

How are you guys pushing your P3s to 1,400 ft + height. I really don't care to go that high anymore. Theres not too much to look at it. But, I'm curious if I have a problem with my antennas or something.
I noticed the P3 is more sensitive to magnetic interference. Especially when I am calibrating. It might have something to do with where you fly and the area and electric clutter, magnetic interference, but that's my guess.

Like I said, I don't plan on going that high again as the weak signal warning scared me. I'm more afraid that I have problems with my antennas that may lead to a crash in the future.
They are trying to tell you that for close in high altitude the antennas need to be parallel to the ground, and not vertical, it is in the manual if you look for it. (hint: it's a diagram)

yeah tell me about it. these trolls that just come on peoples posts and comment with nothing relevant of the post. They seem to be multiplying what do you guys think? Oh wait...

Trolls? LMAO. You got your answer in post #4 but with your vast experience you argued. Maybe you'll be the next to post an "I got chopped up trying to grab my P3" thread. There were two yesterday.
Carry on.

Last edited:
hey are trying to tell you that for close in high altitude the antennas need to be parallel to the ground, and not vertical, it is in the manual if you look for it. (hint: it's a diagram)

If you are flying over head for a bit its a lot easier to just tilt your entire controller backwards to keep the front edge of the antennas pointed towards the bird instead of bothering with laying the antennas down flat and then having to move them again if you move the bird out and away from you after.

yeah tell me about it. these trolls that just come on peoples posts and comment with nothing relevant of the post. They seem to be multiplying what do you guys think? Oh wait...
If you want to learn, take the time to educate
YOURSELF before flying over 400'.

I find it funny and irresponsible that people want to go so high and know very little about the craft and how to operate it. But then claim they understand those risk and what they're doing is fine.

i had the same problem and i dont know why people are so rude on this forum? its a forum where people get answers,
anyway i pointed the antennas in 2 different ways, 1. pointing at the quad and 2. complete parallel to the ground and with the RC on flat surface and still get weak signal on remote at 405 ft , that being said, everytime i hit 395+ ft i get this weak signal. I DID read instructions and seen many totorials on youtube and still get this weak signal, i also tried different spots open fields and same thing. thanks anyway, im new in this forum and been using p3p for about 2 weeks. thanks

Its not that people are rude, it's that people are taking their machines too high and then telling others! It's this that annoys other fliers.

Its not that people are rude, it's that people are taking their machines too high and then telling others! It's this that annoys other fliers.
its not too high, those machines go up to 500meters or 1600 ft, and im not planing on taking it that high anyway, but i need to know if there is some features on the quad or RC or deffective unit, or something interfiering with the signal like the tab,
i was using my galaxy note 4 with no problems and today i got a samsung tab s2 and runs smooth, but on both i get this weak signal, anyway thanks for helping

its not too high, those machines go up to 500meters or 1600 ft, and im not planing on taking it that high anyway, but i need to know if there is some features on the quad or RC or deffective unit, or something interfiering with the signal like the tab,
i was using my galaxy note 4 with no problems and today i got a samsung tab s2 and runs smooth, but on both i get this weak signal, anyway thanks for helping
If you are going straight up, that will always be the trickiest angle to get a good signal, even with antennas pointing properly.
I can't tell if your antennas are right.
The flat sides should be facing the Phantom. For ideal signal, they should be parallel with the vertical parts of the legs of the Phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic