Weak Image Transmission

Reaction score
Hi all,

My Phantom 3 Pro is having a problem with Weak Image Transmission Signal. It can be on the ground four feet away or in the air at a distance. The firmware is up to date. I have uninstalled and reinstalled where applicable. This problem did not start after a firmware upgrade and I have not had a hard landing.

The controller is connected to the drone with four bars. The camera operates as it's supposed to and records images but intermittantly the feed to my Ipad drops out and I get a Weak Image Transmission warning. The screen goes black but again I can still control the drone. I've tried different USB cables, I switched out my SD card because that was recommended somewhere. No luck yet.

Does anyone know whether receiving the signal on an older Ipad Air could be the problem? The operating system for the Ipad is the most current one. It is still receiving updates. Since I have never had even a hard landing I can't figure out what might be wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: Capt KO
Sounds like a signal interference issue. Have you tried turning off the iPad's wifi and see if that improves it? Does this issue happen anywhere and everywhere you fly? Or just in one location?

Hi Thank you for your reply. This seems to happen anywhere I have been. I have turned off the iPad's wifi. I was not sure if I had turned it off the last few times I have tried to fly so after your reply yesterday I went out and tried it with the wifi off and a different USB cable I know was made by Apple. I had not better luck.

While the top display in the DJI Go app says that the GPS, controller and HD all have the maximum level of connection I opened the screen for the HD channels yesterday while I was flying. The bars are all low on the scale but most of the channels are red most of the time. When one is green it doesn't stay that way for long as the drone moves around. It doesn't make sense to me that the interference is greater everywhere when I was able to fly before in some of those same areas. The only new variable is an update to the operating system of the Ipad but I can't figure out what that would have to do with this.

This has made the drone unusable for me. Any thoughts?

Please try another device either phone or tablet. If that doesn’t help you may have to try another remote. It may be the only way to eliminate one of the three, device, remote, drone. Good luck and stay in touch.

If a different device works, you’ll have to look at your iPad to see if it is no longer capable. Usually deleting or offloading large apps will solve it. Good luck

Reactions: KachemakDiver

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31