We made the CBS Evening News!

Mostly crazy paranoia and completely ignorant of the limitations of the technology.
Looking out for those badass weaponised drones, they risk ignoring real (but much less glamourous) threats like pressure cookers, cars or weaponised people.
The bad guys have had radio control delivery potential for 50 years.
For some reason they seem to prefer using something easier and more potent.

Who is "WE"?
Quite frankly, I see it as propaganda. If you dare to fly your drone in our airspace, we're gonna come after you.
If a federal agency can not have authority to control these toys, then why is a city government allowed to?
If push comes to shove, somebody will challenge that authority and it will get shot down just like the FAA has been shot down.

Incredible.... Absolutely incredible... None of these people are even remotely affiliated with the FAA, which in and of itself is the next best thing to clueless.

Speculation, assumption, grandstanding... This entire video doesn't spend one iota of time and energy dealing with the actual truth. I don't think they even view a quadcopter's destructive capabilities as a focal point for their article.

It's all about wrapping their hand around the throat of any trending issue... I'm not sure why they don't super-impose the likeness of a semi-naked supermodel in their trailer... That's pretty much all they're missing... Truly pathetic FOX news style of crap reporting..

-slinger

gunslinger said:
Incredible.... Absolutely incredible... None of these people are even remotely affiliated with the FAA, which in and of itself is the next best thing to clueless.

Speculation, assumption, grandstanding... This entire video doesn't spend one iota of time and energy dealing with the actual truth. I don't think they even view a quadcopter's destructive capabilities as a focal point for their article.

It's all about wrapping their hand around the throat of any trending issue... I'm not sure why they don't super-impose the likeness of a semi-naked supermodel in their trailer... That's pretty much all they're missing... Truly pathetic FOX news style of crap reporting..

-slinger

Well said. Absolute garbage of a news story. I'm still amazed at how networks can air this crap. I do agree that any RC aircraft strapped with explosives is a huge security risk and technology should be developed to keep these things out of certain air spaces but the angle this idiot has taken in his story is pathetic. Poor excuse for a journalist.

Another nail in the 'drone' coffin.

Wait awhile, it wouldn't be surprising to find out later on that this was a 'staged for news' event, and that the drone was piloted by NYPD for the purpose of creating the news event itself. The purpose being to scare public opinion in support of legislation against public use of UAV's.

Gee, guns are really dangerous too. Look at all the violence that goes on with that - I guess those need to be outlawed too? Scissors - yeah don't run down the stairs with those! Ladders, yeah those are really dangerous, you could fall and break your neck painting your house. Autonomous cars from Google - oh boy we can't have that. Treated someone with Ebola - we're going to lock you up for 21 days. Taken a photo in federal wilderness areas - we'll we're going to fine you a $1000.

Point is, we live in a free society admired by the many across the global. We have countless laws already that govern stupid behavior by a few. This story is just that - a story, raising panic and fear for ratings.

If a terrorist is able to get explosives without intelligence agencies finding out, it's already too late.

I've been saying all that, ever since I learned of these lil drones with gps capabilities and fpv. :roll: Now with Ground Station available, in the words of Ron Popeil, "You can just SET IT... AND FORGET IT!" :twisted:

Well, at least they didn't link quads to child molestation...that's something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20