We knew it would happen...now it has

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stratford,, you??

I’ve been flying for about 2 years p3p

I’ve Been dying to bring my bird to the city somewhere we’re I can get some shots of the city’s skyline...

[emoji550][emoji913][emoji551]

Stratford,, you??

I’ve been flying for about 2 years p3p

I’ve Been dying to bring my bird to the city somewhere we’re I can get some shots of the city’s skyline...

[emoji550][emoji913][emoji551]
I'm currently in Meriden. I've gotten to fly in some pretty amazing spots here in CT. Matter of fact the fam and I are hiking up to castle Craig in a cpl hrs which will deff be some amazing shots.

The city is also in my wish list... I was just there for a Yankee game and had my drone in the car but was mixed on the rules so I didn't chance it. I really wanted the skyline and also the statue of liberty bad.

Just getting back to this...

Just to satisfy your hobby? FAR 91.119 spells it out completely. If you think aircraft are being operate too low in your vicinity, there are avenues to report the occurrence, even if its a military aircraft.

Lol, I didn't think it would be very hard to figure out its more about safety for all to enjoy the airspace.

Lol, I didn't think it would be very hard to figure out its more about safety for all to enjoy the airspace.
You could enjoy the airspace better (and safer) when you know and understand how it works and understand that sUAVs (especially when operated by hobbyists) are basically at the bottom of the totem pole. When I read a statement "all manned aircraft should operate at 1,500' except when taking off and landing" it reinforces my belief that the person making that statement knows nothing about aviation and how our airspace system works and probably shouldn't be operating any type of drone capable of exceeding 30'!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
You could enjoy the airspace better (and safer) when you know and understand how it works and understand that sUAVs (especially when operated by hobbyists) are basically at the bottom of the totem pole. When I read a statement "all manned aircraft should operate at 1,500' except when taking off and landing" it reinforces my belief that the person making that statement knows nothing about aviation and how our airspace system works and probably shouldn't be operating any type of drone capable of exceeding 30'!!!!

Your assumptions are kinda off base and really kill any respect you might think is owed towards you. Your the type of person who keeps some people quiet on forums and you push others to avoid you. There was more to my statement than you quoted, so I will kindergarten class it out for ya.

When it comes to airspace- safety is a top priority. It was just my opinion on the matter of avoidance, that with all the UAV fling that has come about in recent years, I don't understand why manned aircraft wouldn't fly at 1500 ft or higher FOR SAFETY.

You sir, don't have to come off the way you are. Chill out !!!

Last edited:
Your assumptions are kinda off base and really kill any respect you might think is owed towards you. Your the type of person who keeps some people quiet on forums and you push others to avoid you. There was more to my statement than you quoted, so I will kindergarten class it out for ya.........You sir, don't have to come off the way you are. Chill out !!!

First things first... let's take a deep breath and take this down a notch or FIVE. Do not make this personal or it will be stopped ASAP!

When it comes to airspace- safety is a top priority. It was just my opinion on the matter of avoidance, that with all the UAV fling that has come about in recent years, I don't understand why manned aircraft wouldn't fly at 1500 ft or higher FOR SAFETY.

Why is it that our "New Technology" should make everyone else change what they are doing and disrupt an entire industry when we already have a huge area to play & work in? What can you not do within 0'-400' AGL with your sUAS?

There are literally hundreds of times (more in reality) when a manned aircraft should be less than 1,500' AGL. We think we are big dogs on the block because we pay too much for our toys and they can fly. Reality is we are indeed exactly as @FLYBOYJ stated "sUAVs are basically at the bottom of the totem pole." To think anything else is really being delusional at best.

When we think we need less restrictions because of our numbers and potential $$ generated we need to look at the other aviation industries. Realize that some aviation corporations PROFIT more in a single month than our whole UAS industry generates in a whole year. Let that sink in for a moment. Our numbers (both # of units and dollars generated) are a drop in the bucket compared to what the real aviation industry has. When we think we can insist this, and demand that we really have missed the big picture.

I fly manned aircraft and I can tell you with reasonable surety that 75% of all of my flights are less than 2,000'AGL.

True Dat Al!

When I was active maybe 5% of my flights were for transport.
The rest was practice, pleasure, and sightseeing.
Being in S Fla I frequented the East cost beaches and shore line. Great times!

I think many full scale pilots would say similar.

Reactions: BigAl07 and FLYBOYJ
No worries Al ;)

I think about flying in the LA Basin in the low altitude corridor. 500' is the safest place to be!

Reactions: BigAl07
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20