Waypoints puzzle

Reaction score
I don't usually post much on the forum 'cause I usually find what I need just by reading through post titles. However, I haven't been able to find any answers to this situation. I have a P3P, which I love and have been flying for several months. I have been exploring all the capabilities of the DJI go app and the P3P. One thing I recently tried out was way points, so I looked it up on YouTube. Found some good videos, but on my go app I seem to be missing the feature that pops up after you set your way points. It's called Head to feature, where there are 3 different selections. When I touch apply the mission starts and not giving me the opportunity to select the aircraft orientation. All firmware is up to date, go app is 3.1.8 and I using K1 sheield. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm not really answering your question but if you really want to try waypoints, better go for apps like Litchi.

I'm not really answering your question but if you really want to try waypoints, better go for apps like Litchi.
Thanks my friend for your suggestion. I have heard a lot of talk about Litichi. Is it worth the $25? Also will it record your continues flight log as dji go does?

Thanks my friend for your suggestion. I have heard a lot of talk about Litichi. Is it worth the $25? Also will it record your continues flight log as dji go does?
Certainly worth $25 even if you just use the mission function. You can download Airdata, sync your flights to it from litchi and review your flight logs much the same as the go app albeit involving a third party app.

Certainly worth $25 even if you just use the mission function. You can download Airdata, sync your flights to it from litchi and review your flight logs much the same as the go app albeit involving a third party app.
Thanks you guys for the info. Think I will take a closer look at litchi. Maybe it will work on my K1 shield without crashing like the dji go app does.

Thanks you guys for the info. Think I will take a closer look at litchi. Maybe it will work on my K1 shield without crashing like the dji go app does.
Can't speak for the K1 shield as I only now use iOS stuff following the constant tears with my earlier android experience.
Found this thread regarding the K1 and some go app issues. Having said that, I have no experience with them:
Anyone try the nougat update on Shield K1?

Definitely worth the money. Does a great job and they actually talk to you if you have a problem or a suggestion.

Can't speak for the K1 shield as I only now use iOS stuff following the constant tears with my earlier android experience.
Found this thread regarding the K1 and some go app issues. Having said that, I have no experience with them:
Anyone try the nougat update on Shield K1?
I forgot to mention in my original post, my K shield is running on android 7.0. The go app crashes about one time per battery, which is one time to many. I have tried all the suggested fixes I have come across, but so far nothing has fixed the issue. Have not tried rolling shield back to 6.1, not sure if I want to get involved with doing that. Might just wait til nvidia and or dji fix the issue. They are aware of it, I believe.

I;m using Litchi, about 99.9% of the time now, with the Shield just perfect images, no lagging, no dropouts, off the ground into the air in almost the same prep time as my Mavic pro, well almost.
I wish I could use the shield on the Pro, I;ve resorted to using my daily phone with the Mav.pro (Samsung 5) only thing I can find that doesn't lag or drop out, still, screen does drop out on occasion.
Litchi & the shield are a magic combination.
Thankfully, Shield running on what came when I bought it last year, Marshmello, 6.1 I think.

I forgot to mention in my original post, my K shield is running on android 7.0. The go app crashes about one time per battery, which is one time to many. I have tried all the suggested fixes I have come across, but so far nothing has fixed the issue. Have not tried rolling shield back to 6.1, not sure if I want to get involved with doing that. Might just wait til nvidia and or dji fix the issue. They are aware of it, I believe.

I been looking for a location to post my latest experience using my K1 shield with android 7.0. So I will start here to see if anyone else has any comments on my latest experience. I also have had the same go app crash with my shield, at least once per battery while using go app 3.1.8. A few days ago I downloaded the latest go app update for my phantom, go app for phantom before p4 3.1.10. I have a p3p. So far I have flown at least 6 full battery and no app crashes. What do you think? The latest go up update contain the fix we needed?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl