Waypoint accuracy for photography

Reaction score
Hi All,
I recently bought the GS and haven't had a time to play with it yes which makes me very sad!

But I am planning on using it for my archaeological work. I am just curious if anyone can answer these three questions

1) How accurate are the waypoints(and flying to them). I need to take photos of trenches that are say 5x5m. I was hoping to set up a waypoint in the middle of the trench, so using the GS I can send it to the same location/height each time and thus can replicate the photo each day. Just curious how accurate it might be? Ie will the phantom be in a different spot each time I send it there and if so by how much?

2) Similar to this, I was hoping to film some video footage along a track between two waypoints each day, how much variation will there be in that footage if I keep settings the exact same.

3) Can you place a waypoint based on where the quad is whilst in the air? So lets say I want to shoot something vertically, I hover it over and get it perfect using FPV- can I then use the Ipad to record that spot for future flights?

Any advice would be awesome. I think Thursday this week is looking like my first day testing it, so I am going to take all three batteries to a nice quiet park and just play. Can't wait!!!
Cheers
Hugh

The hovering accuracy is 2.5 meters horizontal, according to technical specs. I think that this is the best precision that you can obtain from a phantom.
During the return to home functionality I substantially verified this precision values.
Massimo

When I flew my first continuous GS pattern, it appeared much more repeatable than 2.5 meters, but I have no actual data. I'm hoping to run the same tests when I find time.
I don't know a way to set a way point based on current quad position, except the brute force method. With GS running, the quad's current position will be displayed on screen thus you can copy the coordinates into the flight editor and upload the revised program all while flying. You may have to play with heading to frame your shot the way you want.

Let us know what you find!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4