Way to go BEST BUY.

I wouldn't ever go to BB or any other store without doing my research and knowing exactly what I wanted. That would be foolish.

That's why I prefer to buy my models in an actual brick and motor reputable hobby supply store. With employees who are also directly & personally involved with the RC sport. It's not a reassuring feeling dealing with undertrained or inexperienced store employees, that are essentially clueless beyond simple basic knowledge.
They need to do their homework too. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: GadgetGuy
That's why I prefer to buy my models in an actual brick and motor reputable hobby supply store. With employees who are also directly & personally involved with the RC sport. It's not a reassuring feeling dealing with undertrained or inexperienced store employees, that are essentially clueless beyond simple basic knowledge.
They need to do their homework too. ;-)

RedHotPoker
this is all good if you have a local hobby shop that stocks the stuff you want.
there are no hobby shops near me so I have to go to BB or the apple store.
to get what I want.

this is all good if you have a local hobby shop that stocks the stuff you want.
there are no hobby shops near me so I have to go to BB or the apple store. to get what I want.
Then I can feel fortunate. I forgot to mention, Droneology | Order You Drone Online in West Edmonton Mall. They carry mostly all the @dji products. But Ron refuses to carry them @dji carbon fiber reinforced props. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Had the same problem I preordered the IPad Pro 9.7 and the P4 and both were there but like you DJI would not let them sell the P4 till April 1st so I left with new IPad Pro and came back next day for my P4. Silly but true.

Best buy sucks. Incompetent employees that don't know **** about the products they sell. Hate when I know more about something than they do but they act like they know. Better off buying online.
Actually, I prefer their ignorance. Makes me feel smart. :p
They are just delivery clerks to retrieve a unit from the cage, and, later, to process a return, or exchange, if needed. Receive box with the receipt, open box corner to make sure something is inside, ring up refund. "Not my job to know what is supposed to be inside the box!" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
They have 15, 30 and 45 days. Depends on how much you bought there the previous year. Standard, elite and elite plus.
Actually, it's the current calendar year since January 1. Less than $1500 is 15 days as a Standard, $1500 minimum for 30 days return as Elite, $3500 minimum for 45 days return as Elite Plus, and the current purchase counts towards the dollar minimums. Returns are deducted from the total, and may result in a downgrade of your status for future purchases, depending upon whether the minimums are still met.

Last edited:
I love........ last buy
or worst buy.... I hate that store chain! Go in to get something and everyone disappears... help? what's that?

Last edited:
Actually, I prefer their ignorance. Makes me feel smart. :p
They are just delivery clerks to retrieve a unit from the cage, and, later, to process a return, or exchange, if needed. Receive box with the receipt, open box corner to make sure something is inside, ring up refund. "Not my job to know what is supposed to be inside the box!" :rolleyes:
That's it in a nut shell !

Actually, it's the current calendar year since January 1. Less than $1500 is 15 days as a Standard, $1500 minimum for 30 days return as Elite, $3500 minimum for 45 days return as Elite Plus, and the current purchase counts towards the dollar minimums. Returns are deducted from the total, and may result in a downgrade of your status for future purchases, depending upon whether the minimums are still met.

Hmm.. so I'm misunderstanding the below then? I bought about 1800 in 2015, and nothing so far in 2016; but I'm congratulated on my status until 2017/Feb.

'
'How Long Does the Status Last?

Once you get VIP status, it lasts a full of the same year and the next year. It will expire on the end of February of the following year. For example, if you become Elite Plus in July, 2014, the status will expire on February 28th, 2016. If you spend $3500 in 2015, the status continues until February, 2017.'

Hmm.. so I'm misunderstanding the below then? I bought about 1800 in 2015, and nothing so far in 2016; but I'm congratulated on my status until 2017/Feb.

'
'How Long Does the Status Last?

Once you get VIP status, it lasts a full of the same year and the next year. It will expire on the end of February of the following year. For example, if you become Elite Plus in July, 2014, the status will expire on February 28th, 2016. If you spend $3500 in 2015, the status continues until February, 2017.'
Thanks for setting the record straight. I stand corrected. :oops: Turns out the salespeople at Best Buy that I got my info from don't know what they are talking about! Who knew! :rolleyes:

I went into BEST BUY today and there was a Phantom4 on the shelf.
I asked the sales man if he had any extra battery.
he went into the back room and came out with the battery.
now he starts to climb the ladder to get the Phantom4 and I told him I just wanted the battery.
he told me someone had bought a Phantom 4 yesterday.
now he tries to ring up the extra battery but it won't ring up so he calls the manager and they go back and fourth.
now he tells me that I can't buy the battery until tomorrow morning april first.
I could buy the phantom 4 today but notthe extra battery.
interesting.
At least they have them I bought mine from the Apple Store and they have no idea if they'll ever get any more smart batteries for the P4. Apparently Apple doesn't take anything that's not Apple very serious, I can't even order a battery from them online for god sakes. o_O

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl