Waxing the props

Reaction score
I seen where someone had waxed his CF props. I was wondering if anyone had just tried it on the stock plastic ones and seen any different.

Reaction score
I seen where someone had waxed his CF props. I was wondering if anyone had just tried it on the stock plastic ones and seen any different.

You didn't know waxing your props cuts down on friction by 50%?:D Ever notice how much faster your car goes and the increase in your fuel milage after a good waxingo_O

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I've never waxed them but always wipe mine down with baby wipes with Aloe and it keeps them slick .
Don't really know if it helps as I always do it but sure helps keep the bugs sliding off :)
most of the times :oops:

Reaction score
dirk I thought you would be all over that:cool:. getting 3 more miles to a tank full. I remember my brother gave my some wax years ago for planes. very $. it was made to reduce drag on the fuselage. I know that does not really matter with the quad. but it may help with the props. I'll have to get my turtle wax out and see what happens.

Reactions: dirkclod
Reaction score
Sheesh, I thought the goal was to increase lift by keeping the airflow attached longer. What was I thinking?!

NoCo Drones

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cherry