Waterproof and shock resistant case

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a solid waterproof and shock absorbing case for my p4p.

I will never use this case on an airplane. It will be used on a boat and land only.

We have rolled rails and get little sea spray when under way, but our boat is a flats boat and can experience significant pounding in heavy surf. To minimize the shock to the p4p I can move the case to the very back of the boat, but that exposes the case to more spray. This will all be under salt water.

Ideas and recommendations wanted.

GPC is all I use for all of my drones.
Totally water and shock proof.
The best there is. (My 2 cents!!)
zzzg.jpg

I have this case. Seems really rugged.
HPRC Hard Case for DJI Phantom 4, Pro and Pro+, Black (HPRC2700WPHA4)

We live aboard our sailboat and cruise full time, (except at the moment, as we're being repaired for damages from Hurricane Irma), and had been looking for a waterproof case for my P4P+ and accessories. Our main concerns were/are for 'water-proofness' when we're in the dinghy with the drone/case; otherwise, it's well protected when aboard the sailboat.

In the end, we decided on the Polar Pro Drone Trekker. It is a soft backpack case and can serve as a general use backpack or work as a camera backpack. It does have a removable waterproof cover, but the cover does not fully encapsulate the pack.

We sacrificed 'shock-proofeness' for more stowability below decks and portability/multi use on shoreside adventures. Of course, your use in a flats boat is very different. But, it may be worth a look:

Drone Trekker Backpack

I have this case. Seems really rugged.
HPRC Hard Case for DJI Phantom 4, Pro and Pro+, Black (HPRC2700WPHA4)
Yep this case seems to do the trick. It's a bit heavy but as I use mine in a vehicle that's not an issue. Also you can leave the props on.

Reactions: 2Rowdy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav